Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Loan with High Debt

tag
babbles
Established Contributor

Personal Loan with High Debt

How can you get a small PL of about 5k or so with excellent credit 720 plus, good income,  and 1-2 credit inquires within the last 2 years?   

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Personal Loan with High Debt

You can test the waters for a loan without incurring a hard pull credit inquiry. Payoff.com, Sofi.com, Prosper.com, LendingClub.com, Avant.com, Upstart.com, BestEgg.com, and PromiseFinancial.com are all soft pulls to see if you qualify, how much you can get, and at what APR.

Message 2 of 5
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Is it true that I read those don't look good on the reports? I'd like to maybie save a few bucks working down my CC debt while getting my first installment loan, but not at the expense of it looking bad on my reports. Still in the building/rebuilding phase.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rebuilding69 wrote:

Is it true that I read those don't look good on the reports? I'd like to maybie save a few bucks working down my CC debt while getting my first installment loan, but not at the expense of it looking bad on my reports. Still in the building/rebuilding phase.

They are considered a minor negative, but far less of a negative than high CC utilization. Besides, I have one in this report and the score is fine:

Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They are considered a minor negative, but far less of a negative than high CC utilization.

^ Definitely consider relative weights versus assuming that things are simply either "good" or "bad".

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.