Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Loan with low FICO scores

tag
Pancho1952
New Visitor

Personal Loan with low FICO scores

My score with experian is 583. Where can i borrow 5k with no more than 36% interest? My score lowered when I co signed with roommate. I need the money before End of april

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Personal Loan with low FICO scores

Welcome to the forums!

Where did you grab that score from?

That said, if the score is accurate it may be difficult both on the amount and on the APR side.  Might check with a lender like Springleaf but most of the lenders in that range are more like APR's of 120% last I checked (two years ago when I was in a similar credit situation).

        
Message 2 of 5
user5387
Valued Contributor

@Pancho1952 wrote:

My score with experian is 583. Where can i borrow 5k with no more than 36% interest? My score lowered when I co signed with roommate. I need the money before End of april

Assuming that's a FICO score, one thing you could try is to improve matters by addressing derogatories on your reports, along with other issues such as utilization.

You are likely to have trouble borrowing $5K, if this score is basically accurate.

You could talk to some local CUs, and see if they can help you make a long-term plan to improve the situation.  You might be able to get a loan if you have something to offer as collateral, such as the title to your car.

Message 3 of 5
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Pancho1952 wrote:

Maybe you could get a family member to co-sign for you.

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 5
Sonic98
New Contributor

I would dispute as much stuff on my credit first. I know someone who tried to get a mortgage two years ago. WHen they talked to the bank and gave them their credit score, they said the score was fine. They ran their credit and then said the score wasn't enough. She paid her credit cards all the way down, and made 3 payments at once on her car note. Her credit score shot up.  Unfourtunately this bank said they couldn't run the credit again for a couple months. She could have been more ready to apply if she knew, but when you're dealing with dishonest banks(the bank that held the house not the one where she applied) and realtors where I live, you find yourself doing things in a rush. And you hit a lot of stumbling blocks your first time trying to get the various types of loans. Part of the problem is they didn't also ask her income before she applied.  Basically this would be a lot easier process if these lenders would simply tell you what their minimum requirements are so you don't even waste time.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.