Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Loan

tag
clewis122
Valued Member

Personal Loan

Hi!

I was researching a few different personal loans today, came across Lendingtree.com & got an "offer" from First Midwest Bank. $2000 @7.70% APR, 1-5 year terms & estimated monthly payments. Is this a solid "offer"? Is that a decent APR?

Thanks in advance!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Personal Loan

Don't know anything about that bank, but the APR is excellent for an unsecured personal loan. Is there an origination fee?

Message 2 of 7
clewis122
Valued Member

Origination fee?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@clewis122 wrote:
Origination fee?

Up-front money they take. If there is one, it will be noted in the loan disclosure documents.

Message 4 of 7
clewis122
Valued Member

I'm not sure. I haven't done the actual application yet. This was a pre-qualification offer. I didn't see anything about an upfront fee. I'll give them a call tomorrow morning..
Message 5 of 7
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Yes, companies like Lendingclub and Prosper take an immdeiate cut of any loan they fund. I cannot remember the % but it can quickly add up. 

No fee, you get the full $2000, which is what you would like.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, before using one of those companies I would go to your local banks and see what apr they could give on an unsecured personal loan. The reason I say this is a few years back I took out a $15,000 unsecured personal loan and got a 5% apr on the loan. My origination fee was $150.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.