Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personal Loan

I'm not sure where to post this. There is not a forum for personal loans. Recently I just purchased a new home. Thank Jesus. I now am wanting a new kitchen set, and I want to pay off some credit cards, and my automobile is in need of repair. I was wondering if anyone knew of a company that has great rates on Personal Loans. I have pretty good credit history, I purchased a home in March of this year and have always made the payment on time. My credit is in the 650+ range. WHat kind of rate am I looking at getting? How much can I borrow so my payments won't be over $250 a month? Thanks for your help!!!
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Personal Loan

CU's are going to have the best rates on unsecured personal loans-

$6K 3 years 12% apr is a $200 a month payment

Christianboy_83 wrote:
I'm not sure where to post this. There is not a forum for personal loans. Recently I just purchased a new home. Thank Jesus. I now am wanting a new kitchen set, and I want to pay off some credit cards, and my automobile is in need of repair. I was wondering if anyone knew of a company that has great rates on Personal Loans. I have pretty good credit history, I purchased a home in March of this year and have always made the payment on time. My credit is in the 650+ range. WHat kind of rate am I looking at getting? How much can I borrow so my payments won't be over $250 a month? Thanks for your help!!!

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is a good Credit Union?  Do I try one that is local or do they have them online?  Also what is this Prosper.com I read about?  What does it do? 
Message 3 of 22
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

vgentry83 wrote:
What is a good Credit Union?  Do I try one that is local or do they have them online?  Also what is this Prosper.com I read about?  What does it do? 

Many here endorse CU's like Pentagon FCU, Navy FCU, Patelco, Digital CU, Justice FCU, NASA FCU, Christian Community CU, and others. But I'm sure you have a CU near you. You don't need to visit the branch with any of these listed.

Prosper = peer-to-peer lending. IMO, stick with the traditional route, but I'm sure others would chime in to counter.
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

So basically stay away from P2P lenders and find a Credit union in my area.  Is that my best solution?  How do I find Credit Unions ratings?
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

www.penfed.org
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Tennessee, so do I have to get a credit union in Tennessee?  That
www.penfed.org does not have a branch in Tennessee.
Message 7 of 22
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

vgentry83 wrote:

Choosing a bank or CU would depend on what your goals are. If your goal is to get a loan, Penfed is great for that. You can do everything online - no trips to the branch necessary. They like EQ with no recent accounts.
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much would my payments be for a $10k loan?  What kind of intrest would I expect to get with a score of 645-675.  Should I do it for 5 years or 3? 
Message 9 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in East Tennessee, and I'm with PenFed. As the others said, just about everything is online these days.

Where in Tennessee are you? (East, Middle, West.) In the Knoxville/ Oak Ridge area, CU's are falling over one another, looking for new business. UTFCU has gone public as well, and I'm pretty sure that they have branches wherever there's a UT campus.

PenFed can be pretty tough to get in with, and your scores might not be quite there yet.

One idea is to just hit your Yellow Pages, or the Yellow Pages of the nearest big city (Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga, maybe Jackson) if you don't live in one.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.