Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Member

Personal information check

Hi everyone, I quick question here.

I reported my PayPal debit card lost and requested a new one. But to request it they ask my SSN to verify my identity, an they say it's a personal information check and not a credit check, but, would a personal check be reflected on my credit report? Cause I don't even want that on my report.

Thanks.....
Valued Contributor

Re: Personal information check

They are not going to do a credit check that appears on your report for a replacement card. But if I were you I would be happy that they are doing some sort of verification before just sending out a card. I would hate for someone to be able to call in and say "Hey, can you send me a credit card. Mine got lost. Send it to this address please."

On a side note you will probably see a duplicate account show on your credit report for at least some period of time. The old account should have a card reported lost / stolen and closed notation. And the new card and number should have the original opening date of your account.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Established Member

So just by reporting it lost, it already posted to my credit report that the account is closed due to the lost/stolen card? I guess in that case makes no difference to ask for the replacement one.....huh?

Valued Contributor

As soon as you report it lost / stolen the company is automatically going to close out that account number and reissue a card with a new account number. This is to prevent you and them from fraud exposure. To maintain reporting integrity that will require a new report to the credit bureaus of the new account number. As I said though it SHOULD still maintain the account age and history.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Frequent Contributor

memevertical wrote:
Hi everyone, I quick question here.

I reported my PayPal debit card lost and requested a new one. But to request it they ask my SSN to verify my identity, an they say it's a personal information check and not a credit check, but, would a personal check be reflected on my credit report? Cause I don't even want that on my report.

Thanks.....

Could be a LexisNexis-type report, which I just found out pople are entitled to a copy once/yr for free Smiley Happy

"Credit is purely a cash flow tool. Thinking of credit as extra money you didn't have before makes it an EXPENSIVE cash flow tool."
Highlighted
Established Member

But, remember this is a debit paypal card, I dont think they even report to my credit......thats why Im doubtful about puting my SSN, because its not an account on my credit report, since its just a debit card......

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.