Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal information check

tag
memevertical
Established Member

Personal information check

Hi everyone, I quick question here.

I reported my PayPal debit card lost and requested a new one. But to request it they ask my SSN to verify my identity, an they say it's a personal information check and not a credit check, but, would a personal check be reflected on my credit report? Cause I don't even want that on my report.

Thanks.....
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Personal information check

They are not going to do a credit check that appears on your report for a replacement card. But if I were you I would be happy that they are doing some sort of verification before just sending out a card. I would hate for someone to be able to call in and say "Hey, can you send me a credit card. Mine got lost. Send it to this address please."

On a side note you will probably see a duplicate account show on your credit report for at least some period of time. The old account should have a card reported lost / stolen and closed notation. And the new card and number should have the original opening date of your account.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 6
memevertical
Established Member

So just by reporting it lost, it already posted to my credit report that the account is closed due to the lost/stolen card? I guess in that case makes no difference to ask for the replacement one.....huh?

Message 3 of 6
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

As soon as you report it lost / stolen the company is automatically going to close out that account number and reissue a card with a new account number. This is to prevent you and them from fraud exposure. To maintain reporting integrity that will require a new report to the credit bureaus of the new account number. As I said though it SHOULD still maintain the account age and history.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@memevertical wrote:
Hi everyone, I quick question here.

I reported my PayPal debit card lost and requested a new one. But to request it they ask my SSN to verify my identity, an they say it's a personal information check and not a credit check, but, would a personal check be reflected on my credit report? Cause I don't even want that on my report.

Thanks.....

Could be a LexisNexis-type report, which I just found out pople are entitled to a copy once/yr for free Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
memevertical
Established Member

But, remember this is a debit paypal card, I dont think they even report to my credit......thats why Im doubtful about puting my SSN, because its not an account on my credit report, since its just a debit card......

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.