cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal loan Avant Credit. Info. Not reporting!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Personal loan Avant Credit. Info. Not reporting!

This loan was not that great. Although Avant was VERY easy to work with. Funded within 12 hours no income verification NOTHING. But at 35.90% I would have paid a total of $6500 in interest on the 3 year loan. $8600. If you can't pay it back quickly, it can be terrible on your finances. I asked them to refinance as my FICO scores are all 65-85 points higher than when I obtained the loan. They denied me. I wrote a long letter to corporate about how they could have continued to make money off of me monthly, but instead I was forced to pay the loan off at once. They made money off of me for 3 months instead of 36 months. I was extremely disappointed with them not refinancing me only because the customer service rep on the phone basically said it was a guarantee and that I was a great candidate. When they told me no I asked for a manual review via email, they said they reviewed my account and decided against refinance.

Funny thing was, it would be impossible for them to look over my account because I didn't give them my social security number, account number, my email is under my maiden name so they just flat out lied. I was recommending Avant 4 months of people so it kind of sad. I guess that's great in a pinch but otherwise I think there's other companies that would be better.
Message 11 of 14
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

It isn't that uncommon for companies to refuse to refinance their own loans.  Especially since one of the big reasons your credit score went up was you moved a revolving balance to an installment loan.    The installment loan may not have reported, but even after it reports FICO doesn't penalize you as much for installment loan balances.

One trick is wait for the credit cards to report they have been paid off, but the installment loan has not reported.  Then app for a balance transfer/low interest credit card to move the balance back to.  Playing musical chairs with debt isn't a good long term strategy.  However, the trick can give you 18 months of zero interest for a small bt fee.

Message 12 of 14
djescobar973

I was approved for a loan back in Feb/16. They just reported this week to Experian and Equifax. Nothing yet on TU. But even though Im 2 payments in, those payments were not reflected so hopefully I will see an update when they report back. Hopefully it will show the next payment due date which is 5/02. Pretty easy loan process. Yes, the APR was a little high but sometimes that is the price to pay. Should gain a few points from it though.. 

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will take them 60-90 days to report. I would highly recommend you to get in touch with there Compliance department. They are the ones who handle the reporting. I had to email them at least 3 times to get them to report. Log in to your account. Hit the chat button and ask for the email address to the compliance department. Hope this helps!

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey everyone, I am wondering if any of you have taken out a loan with Avant? I am also wondering if they reported it to the bureaus? I have heard so far from other people that they do report, but not on mine.

I took out the loan on December 10th and they have yet to report to any of the bureaus. Normally I wouldn't care because it's just more debt, but I paid it off this month in full and I was kind of hoping it would reflect that. $8600 would be a nice pay off amount for a manual review, as my income isn't super high. I don't know if it would be a boost in my score at all? I know when I paid off my car payment last month, my score dropped.

Do you guys think it makes a difference or am I irritated for no reason? Thanks in advance!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.