New Visitor
judyar

Personal loan from wells fargo

I  have 4 small credit cards, one at $300 limit, $700, $1500 , $1500. I have no personal loan and my credit score is at 630 equifax . I have paid all my balance down to $0.

1) Is a personal loan the same as an open installment loan?

2) I read somewhere that if i get a personal loan from a bank my score can increase. But when I run the fico simulator if i have an open installment loan my score would decrease. So will a personal loan increase your score or decrease it? 

3) Should I get more credit card. My credit card companies only gave me a $100 credit limit increase and the other say they wont give it to me because economy is bad right now or something.

4) What can I do to increase my score fast. I want to buy a house. I have been paying on time for the past 1 year.

5) I read somewhere that I can add myself to someone else credit card as an authorize user.

Will this help or not really. If so by how much i have a gf who has a card that is 3 year old paying on time . How much can my score increase by?

6) What is the fastest way to get your scoreto increase by 90 points. I already tried asking for credit limit increase, already paying everything on time, and paying everything down, already removed all the bad things. I dont know what else to do. My score has been the same for the last 3 months has'nt really changed much. What else can i do?

mizphaz

Re: Personal loan from wells fargo

I am contemplating taking out a personalloan through a bank as well. I want to pay off two high interest  unsecured loans.  When I called the lender to see if the payments on the loan would be far less than what I was paying for the two loans combined, he said that it would.  In addition, he stated that a fixed installment loan is much better than a revolving credit account such aas a credit card.  So it would seem that the answer is yes to your first question but who knows. It is hard to understand some of this credit stuff. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}