Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pesky Verizon...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pesky Verizon...(Update)

So after authoring this original topic, I disputed with EX and the debt came back validated.  Apparently all Verizon had to do was say "yes" and it was validated.

I have been reading quite a bit about Planet Feedback so I gave it a shot.  I left a message last week and had a call from Verizon corporate within 48 hours.  After talking to the rep he informs me that he can't find proof so he is forwarding me to the "Recovery Dept".  After about 3 days I get a call from the Recovery Dept and they say, "This account goes back to 2001 and we just can't find any information - we will be deleting it and sending you a hard copy for your files".  Finally!  This took forever. 

Best news - even though this account was 6.5 years reporting my EX score popped up 91 points!

I am posting this as a testimonial - If it isn't yours, fight for your right and have them prove you wrong.

The most upsetting part of this is the fact that many at Verizon knew they didn't have a contract or proof - they just wanted to keep me down...
Message 11 of 13
ronq
Regular Contributor

WAY TO GO!!! I am convinced Verizon is evil. They did this to me about 2 years back and I have never had a wireless account with them. They said the same thing about an account with someone they bought, but I had Cingular and before that SW Bell wireless so they were way off the mark. They kept saying that I must have had more than 1 mobile number and I said ok why would I have a second phone in an area that you guys barely service and he was maybe because your other phone was cut off. I said wouldn't that show on my CR and he said maybe. I asked for a copy of the CR for when I opened an account with them and he said they didn't have one. When he started verifying info I discovered that the last name was barely close to mine only the 1st 4 letters out of 6. He said their collections dept. made a mistake and they did remove it but I agree that they were rude and sometimes just mean while trying to straighten this out.
EX. 780 TU 794.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon is a tough nut to crack!! Trying to remove for over a year now and the only luck was with EQ. EX says that they already checked and they will not check again. TU says they cheked and they are not going to check again!!!
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.