Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Installment Plans

tag
Commutator
Valued Member

Phone Installment Plans

Are phone installment plans reported as installment loans? I'm referring not to the service contract but to the actual financing of the phone. Specifically I'm wondering about T-Mobile and AT&T.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Phone Installment Plans

No not for personal accounts at least at least from a discussion I read regarding T-Mobile's equipment instlalment plan.

        
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Commutator wrote:

Are phone installment plans reported as installment loans? I'm referring not to the service contract but to the actual financing of the phone. Specifically I'm wondering about T-Mobile and AT&T.

Definitely not in AT&T case.  

Message 3 of 7
starry1
Valued Contributor

Verizon does not.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 4 of 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I'd personally buy a phone, cheaper in the long run.
Signature needs updating
Message 5 of 7
Commutator
Valued Member

Many thanks everyone!

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

The ones I've been looking at are supposedly 0% APR. I don't see anything contrary to that claim though.

Message 6 of 7
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

@Commutator wrote:

Many thanks everyone!

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

The ones I've been looking at are supposedly 0% APR. I don't see anything contrary to that claim though.

My Verizon phone is 0% APR. thye just charge you the overall taxes on the phone for the first bill/installment and thats it.

I mean, its nice if you want a new phone and would rather just put the charge on your bill.  

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.