Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is ringinf OFF The hook

tag
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Phone is ringinf OFF The hook

Yikes what did I do? I just faxed a PP INQ letter to Cisco to get them to take off some INQ since I did not apply for mortage in JAN and all of a sudden my phone started ringing LIKE CRAZY... all different numbers one however did say cisco... Im afraid to answer I have several DVs out so thing were pretty quiet till just now.....
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Re: Phone is ringinf OFF The hook

ha ha ha ha I finally called back. It was for when I filled out a rental application for a house. the landlord is a mortage banker guy. opps they took that 1000 fine seriously as it was on all three reports for hubby and I. Cisco actually emailed the landlord seconds after i faxed the letter.  I thought they did soft pulls for rentals not hard pulls... he said it should fall off in six months.
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

$1000 fine? Can you elaborate?
Message 3 of 4
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Credit fax/ Cisco Inq

RenoNV

Fax: 800-569-5222 

To Whom It May Concern:

I have noticed that you have placed an inquiry on my Equifax, transunion and Experian credit files.

As you probably know, Credit Reporting Agencies treat inquiries as a statement of fact and will not allow a consumer to dispute them. Since it is against federal law (Fair Credit Reporting Act -- 15 USC § 1681n(a)(1)(B) for an entity to view a consumer’s credit report without a "permissible purpose," I am writing to inquire as to your alleged purpose for doing so since I did not apply for employment with your organization nor did I request credit from your organization. These hard Inquiries to my reports have caused me to have lower credit scores.

→TU- Pacific Estates Mortgage/ Cisco dated 1/16/2008

→Experian- Credit fax/ Cisco Inc dated 1/16/08

→Equifax- Cisco dated 1/16/08

Based on the evidence in my possession, this inquiry was performed under false pretenses as described in the clear language of the law. 15 USC §1681n(a)(1)(B ) states, in part, "in the case of liability of a natural person for obtaining a consumer report under false pretenses or knowingly without a permissible purpose, actual damages sustained by the consumer as a result of the failure or $1,000, whichever is greater;"

You are civilly liable to me in the amount of $1,000.00 for your willful violation of the law -- performing a "hard inquiry" on my EQUIFAX file without my permission. I do hope that we can settle this matter amicably.

You can remove the inquiry within one (1) business day of the receipt of this notice. Or, we can meet in court where you will end up removing the inquiry, paying me the civil liability fine, punitive damages for my score drop, plus court and attorney fees. The choice is up to you. Please contact me immediately at the address listed below.

Sincerely,

GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.