Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number for Equifax?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Phone number for Equifax?

I'm having an issue with Equifax. I had a card that I was an authorized user on and was removed from it 3 months ago. This bank never updated my information with the credit bureaus and when I dispute the account with the credit bureaus, it comes back from the bank as still being my account and being valid.

I have contacted the bank. The banks says "We don't show you associated with any account." When they pull up by my name and social security number. However, when the credit bureaus submit this, it comes back as belonging to me and being open, etc...

Equifax says they can't do anything, that it's up to the bank to report the proper information to them. The bank is saying "We don't show you associated with any account."

I'm stuck and need to talk to an actual person instead of getting canned responses from Equifax, Experian, etc...

Does anyone have any actual phone numbers to talk to Equifax?

Thanks for any help.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Re: Phone number for Equifax?

intargc wrote:
I'm having an issue with Equifax. I had a card that I was an authorized user on and was removed from it 3 months ago. This bank never updated my information with the credit bureaus and when I dispute the account with the credit bureaus, it comes back from the bank as still being my account and being valid.

I have contacted the bank. The banks says "We don't show you associated with any account." When they pull up by my name and social security number. However, when the credit bureaus submit this, it comes back as belonging to me and being open, etc...

Equifax says they can't do anything, that it's up to the bank to report the proper information to them. The bank is saying "We don't show you associated with any account."

I'm stuck and need to talk to an actual person instead of getting canned responses from Equifax, Experian, etc...

Does anyone have any actual phone numbers to talk to Equifax?

Thanks for any help.

There's a number for EQ on this thread listing 'back door numbers' for both credit card companies and a few for the CRA's:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=65717

Good luck!

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 2 of 4
rbon
New Contributor

Phone number for Equifax

Just pushing this up. I needed to remove an alert on Equifax. I was able to call 1-888-202-4025 , select 6 for personal credit report, and speak with a real, live person within 2-3 minutes!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Phone number for Equifax

Today I was doing the online help with Equifax and they gave me this phone number: (877) 784-2528 and I spoke with a live person who helped me immediately.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.