Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pizza's 15 month long Grand Finale.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pizza's 15 month long Grand Finale.

@Anonymous wrote:
I have wondered the same thing- as some of my actions cause one CRA to increase and others to do nothing.

@cat-like-stealth wrote:
This whole experiment is genius. So Pizza, are you trying to hit 850 with all of the Big Three? Or are you targeting a specific one.

All 3 CRAs at the same time. lol. But lets see if I can do it with just 1 first. Smiley Wink It's only a theoretical mathematical add up for the moment so lets see what the actual scores show with updates.
Message 81 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you able to check what bucket you are in?
Message 82 of 105
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pizza's 15 month long Grand Finally.

How the heck do you do a bucket check?  
Message 83 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
How are you able to check what bucket you are in?

I've learned how certain things behave in specific buckets that I am used to. If I try an experiment and get a different result I know if I went in to a past bucket or forward in to another. Lots of experimenting and keeping records of each result. Now I have to run an experiment that will have a specif result identifying which bucket I am in. It can be anything from reporting $0 balances on all accounts to maxing out all CCs, adding a new trade line, ect. They can act differently for each bucket. After an action if your score changes +/- 1 point each time you might say it is the same bucket, then if it changes +/- 2 points for the same actions you might say it is a different bucket. If you have had the chance to move buckets forward and backwards then you could have kept records of the point changes. Then when you run your tests again the amount of point change identifies which bucket. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 09-06-2008 03:31 PM
Message 84 of 105
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Great experiment pizza but there are only a finite number of buckets. I don't imagine you can finangle oldest reporting tradeline or average age too much so that doesn't leave too much else to chance unless you voluntarily want to throw yourself on your sword and get dropped into the major derog bucket.

Then once you apply for a new account and are approved that furthers reduces the number of buckets availalble until those effects are gone. I am watching with great interest.
Message 85 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

All factors are not canceling each other out exactly but are affected differently together. It's sort of like trying to add a bunch of oddly shaped objects in to a box that was already full and things needs to be repositioned to make room for the additional stuff. No points gained this trip. But I am confident my next attempt will be more successful now that I understand this better. Lots of this stuff now is educated guesswork on hit or miss with an element of luck. All still on track.
Message 86 of 105
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Pizza'a quest is like one of those satellites that got launched years and years ago, that is now in some trans-Jovian trajectory, long beyond NASA's control. We get these beep-beep-beep signals that are very exciting, but a bit difficult to comprehend.

But we're very excited, and we hope to keep hearing the beeps!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 87 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

I might have changed buckets along the way because the Sim says I have no points to gain anymore with lower UTL. I know I'm carrying some decent debt enough to lower my score in the past.

There is a lot going on right now that could be affecting my bucket position too. I'll wait until after the smoke clears from this grand finale ending. It's all going off now in full glory and no stopping it until it completes.

However this might explain how I was calculating a possible score greater than 850 as I was expecting to gain additional points from lower UTL. I'll post findings as soon as I can lower UTL.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 09-28-2008 04:58 AM
Message 88 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next update. Score is dropping. Starting to feel like the stock market. It's possible I have too much or not enough activity lowering the score. It will normalize soon. Still optimistic. Smiley Happy
Message 89 of 105
treski
Frequent Contributor

Why do I get the feeling that if you were a surgeon, you'd practice the procedures on yourself?

Smiley Surprised

Hehe.

NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 90 of 105
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.