Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place of Employment and Address Accuracy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Place of Employment and Address Accuracy

Morning! My current reports have me listed at a house from 9 months ago and a job 6 years ago. Should I bother updating them? Thank you!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Place of Employment and Address Accuracy

The current address can be an issue, though I wouldn't worry about the employment field. It is your current creditors who are reporting that information and the more open and active accounts you have, the more likely you are to see changes to your demographics over the course of the month as they update.

If really wanting it changed, you'd need to target that one creditor that updates that info and there are a few of ways to do it. First, you can dispute it, but sometimes that results in it changing back as the creditor updates. Second, you can pull EX, at least, and that report has demogrpahic codes next to each address and you can link the code up with a reporting creditor. That way you can see exactly who is reporting the info. Third, you can pull your CRs frequently and narrow down based on the reporting dates who reported that info. Finally, and IMO most easiest, contact each creditor and make sure they have your address. The more your CR updates your correct address, the less likely it is to revert back to the old. I did this with mine after moving. I never contacted the CRAs and fed all of the info to my creditors. After 3-4 months, the CRAs permanently changed the current address.

Message 2 of 5
Quips
Regular Contributor

llecs

Thaks for the info on matching up the demographic codes - I have an issue with EX reporting an old work address and want to get it changed. Through matching up the codes, I was able to ID who was reporting the incorrect address - but that CC account is closed (Chase) and no longer reports. What would be my best way to get it changed - CRA dispute or call Chase and ask them to report with the correct address.

thanks for the help

FICO: EQ 769, TU 762 , EX ???

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Quips,

If I was in that situation, I would not contact Chase. They might delete and if the account is older than your average age of accounts and/or among your oldest accts, you stand to lose some points if deleted. I don't know how many active accounts you ahve now, but I would make sure each of them have your work info. If after 2-3 months the address still hasn't changed, then I'd contact the CRA. BTW, on a work address, you shouldn't have any issues whatsoever...I'd personally do nothing. My employer's name is off mine and I never bothered to correct it. One says "X" and the other "self". I haven't listed myself as self-employed in 10 years I don't think.

Message 4 of 5
Quips
Regular Contributor

llecs

Thanks for the advice - the Chase is one of my oldest accounts so I will just let it go - only pain is sometimes the CRA's ask about a former address when you get info and it pops up as an answer - it is only listed on EX and not on the other 2 - but I'll just have to remember that.

FICO: EQ 769, TU 762 , EX ???

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.