Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Advise - GW Letter

tag
slk08z06
Established Member

Please Advise - GW Letter

I am in the process of writing a few GW letters. My question is, some of the GW letters are for CA that are PIF (one is from 2001, and the others are from 2002).

Only problem is that I do not have the addresses of the CA's nor the account numbers, obviously its been awhile and I don't maintain that stuff. Any advice on what I should do?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please Advise - GW Letter

No adresses on your credit report?

If the adresses are not on your reports from myFICO-
pull your annualcreditreport.com

You can get free reports from TU monthly and from EX anytime-

slk08z06 wrote:
I am in the process of writing a few GW letters. My question is, some of the GW letters are for CA that are PIF (one is from 2001, and the others are from 2002).

Only problem is that I do not have the addresses of the CA's nor the account numbers, obviously its been awhile and I don't maintain that stuff. Any advice on what I should do?

Message 2 of 9
slk08z06
Established Member

Copy that. But what should I do about the account numbers? Those are on my credit report (well last 4 digits only). Should I included my SSN on the GW letter instead?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do not list your social security number on any correspondance with a ca they should be able to find your account with just the part of your account number that you have. If they can't how can they verify the information that they are reporting to the CRA's. If they could not pull up my account I would request that they delete the information from my crpt as they can not verify the accuracy of the information that they are reporting. If you sent them a DV letter prior to paying and they could not validate the account they would have to remove the information from your crpt, so why not if they can't find the account information now.
Message 4 of 9
slk08z06
Established Member

Right on, thanks for the info.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

slk08z06 wrote:

Sik,  when did you pay these?
Message 6 of 9
slk08z06
Established Member

I paid them sometime back in 2001 or 2002. I think it was 2002 because thats when all of my bills caught up to me after I got back from deployment in 2001.

Also, I did not DV any of them (I didn't know about that until after I joined this forum). But I did dispute it as "not my account" with all three CRA's. That reminds me, right now I am deployed in Iraq. It takes about 8-12 days for mail to make it back to the real world. I understand that the CRA have 30 days to respond. Does that clock start the day I mailed it in, or the day they receive it?

Thanks in advance.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It starts when they receive it. You need to send it CMRRR and allow extra time for the response. Because of the mail delays it you need to allow about 6 weeks from their receipt for the response to reeach you. And you need to check with your CO or higher you may have some extra protections because you are deployed military.

THANKS   for your service.
Message 8 of 9
boosie1979
Valued Member

Pls give me clarity on this. I'm currently disputing medical collections with cra. When the cra responds back and if the ca's "verify" my debts can I send them a vaildation ltr or is that what the cra did for me validate the debts? Also at that point can I send pfd's b/c they are small accounts I ignored when I was careless $20,90... If I send the pfd do I send to the original creditors or to the ca's? they are very old. What are my chances with gw ltr's on collections if any? thanks
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.