Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help!! I messed up my dad's credit

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Please Help!! I messed up my dad's credit

Im_doing_it_right wrote:

My dad already knows, and its not that i would be worried about going to him with a mistake. the problem is its an HSBC/Best Buy Card, and HSBC has already turned down a GW request on this matter.

its not that i would be worried about him taking action against me(i know he never would), its my liability to the CC company. Can they take action? at this point i am willing to try almost anything to get this baddie off his report. its the only one he has in the past 18 years, and i fear that it has seriously dropped his score.

Even on their end, the only way that they could establish improper access to the account would be by having the account holder (your dad) state that you weren't authorized. Naturally, he's not going to do it, and they're not going to bother to accuse you of something you didn't do. If he has authorized, however unofficially, you to access his account and pay his bills, then you obviously have permission to do what you did. I manage several of DH's accounts for him, because he gets lost online within about 3 seconds. Discover knows, because I'm an AU on the account, but BofA doesn't, because I just go in and click for him. Heck, I created his username and password, as far as that goes.

It's OK!

But for the other, I'm afraid that you have an uphill battle with HSBC. Smiley Sad FWIW, a single 30-day late starts fading noticeably at 6 months and then again a year, and at 2 years, it pretty much doesn't count. DH has a four-year-old 30 on EX and an 810 or something score.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.