Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help me write a GW letter.

tag
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

Please Help me write a GW letter.

I was late in my student loans from august, 2005 to december 2005 and again in november 2006 to december 2006. I have not been late again since that and I would like to try if they can remove these negative items from my account. My student loans are currently thru Granite State.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please Help me write a GW letter.

Once a late is over 2 years old, it has little effect on you.

Example GW letters-

Message 2 of 3
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

Re: Please Help me write a GW letter.

This is what i'm going to send to granite state, should I sign this letter?

YOUR NAME

YOUR ADDRESS 1

YOUR ADDRESS 2

Month Day , 20XX

The NHHEAF Network Organizations

4 Barrell Court

Concord, NH 03302-0877

To whom it may concern:

I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to the three credit agencies. I have two a late payments on the above referenced account that date back to 2005 and 2006. Since that time I have been an exceptional customer paying every month on time.

Because of my exceptional payment history over the last year, I would like you to consider removing the negative payments from my credit report. At the time of the late payments, I was in the process of changing jobs. I say that not to justify why the payments were late, but rather to show that the late payments are not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness. I hope that The NHHEAF Network is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports.

I have been a very happy customer in the past and hope to continue a long relationship with The NHHEAF Network. With today’s credit industry so competitive, I know how important it is to maintain good relationships with customers. The NHHEAF Network has been exceptional in my book so far and I highly recommend it to all my friends and relatives. I hope that you will deeply consider my request and prove once again, why The NHHEAF Network is heads above the rest. I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

your name

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.