Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please comment on this letter to Verizon for a PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please comment on this letter to Verizon for a PFD

Account: ######- Telephone Number ########

I had been a Verizon customer since December 2004 until June 2007. I had enjoyed my experience with Verizon and hope to very soon return to Verizon as our telecommunications supplier.  Unfortunately, we have signed a contract with Comcast for our current service at the insistence of my husband.  I am very dissatisfied with their service; but, I am in a contract for the next two years or until we move from their service area shortly. I fully plan to sign up for Verizon phone service and FIOS as soon as we move.

I had paperless billing for approximately 2 years before we moved the service to Comcast.  I have received an e-mail stating that there is a bill but my online access has no account associated with it; hence no bill in my belief since I had just paid $200 on the account two weeks prior to porting the number.  I was surprised to see a collection account on my credit reports from Verizon.

If there is a bill I would be amenable to paying it in full in return for a deletion from my credit reports of any and all account information.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of Verizon. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of the State of Maryland.

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please comment on this letter to Verizon for a PFD

Honestly - (keep in mind I have not begun any of my pfd or gw letters) - I would not even mention that you have a contract with comcast.  If it were me, I would just write something about being a satisfied customer with verizon in the past and that I planned on returning to and having service with Verizon again soon.  I'm thinking the whole comcast information might turn them off to the idea and they may doubt that you actually do plan to return your services to them.

Just my thoughts, though.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lady Scarlet

Your letter is straight to the point but very sincere.  Opportunity for future business also a +

I recommend that you proceed with the PFD.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Willows, they know it was ported to comcast (I took the number just like porting cell service).  Comcast isn't avail where we are moving but lousy cable company is... along with FIOS from Verizon.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lady-

Forgive me.  I actually do not know what "porting" is.  Is that where you keep your number and transfer it to another company??

But - in any case, if Verizon already knows that you are in a contract with someone else, then I think the letter is fine.  If you send it and it doesn't work, keep sending.  Hopefully they will see your persistance and feel like if you are going thru that much trouble, you must want them back for a provider.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what porting is - i.e. FCC ruled that the numbers are "portable" between providers
Message 6 of 14
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

Scarlett have you contacted them about this? When I first signed up with Verizon they had my bill a mess for 3 months! It took me about 4 hours of phone conversations with them to get it straightened out. Verizon is known for messing up bills. So please be sure you acutally owe them this money. Otherwise I think you letter looks good.

Message Edited by oogiemoo on 10-27-2007 09:15 AM
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lady Scarlet I have a cellphone collection account do you mind if I use your letter of course customized for my situation?
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone is welcome to use this, badcreditguy... wishing you success
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Lady,

I think it's a good letter.  I used a goodwill letter to verizon and they were awesome!!!!!  But my drama is getting rid of the baddies on credit reports.

I got a letter from Verizon stating they would contact the CAs to remove negative info.  I have disputed the baddies twice so far to all 3CAs, no luck

Let me know if you get the baddies off
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.