cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help...have NO IDEA what I am doing but need to take control.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help...have NO IDEA what I am doing but need to take control.

Just jumping in...after years in an abusive marriage, I am finally in a healthy place and ready to take control of my credit.  Forgive the lack of abbrevations. 

I have a Wells Fargo CC CO. I have an agreement to make monthly payments which I am doing on time. However, my TU CR is showing C/O with a decreasing past due balance and payments listed.

No negative TL

Remarks are 'Unpaid Balance CO' but I'm paying it.

How do I get Wells Fargo to change the CO to something more positive and at least give me credit for what I am doing to pay down the balance?

PLEASE HELP!! This is so confusing.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Re: Please help...have NO IDEA what I am doing but need to take control.

Once you finish paying off the account, Wells should update the charge off to "paid" or "paid in full" or something along those lines. CO's are brutal to your scores though. I still have one that I am trying to get rid of and one 90 day late from 2013 and both of those still drag my scores down considerably. 

Once you do pay it off you should start sending out Goodwill letters to them and explain the situation, just start hitting them like crazy with them and you will eventually find someone who understands your situation and will remove the account from your reports. 

There are other methods too such as different types dispute methods etc. in order to try to determine if they have everything 100% accurate on the account with their records, if its a fairly recent account, they probably do. 

Keep on building, its difficult at first but after a year or two you will have a large amount of success and be able to get credit and some decent interest rates again. 

Do you have any secured or rebuilder credit cards? What does the rest of your profile look like and your scores. Very very knowledgable people on this site and they love to help people.

Don't sweat it about taking control, you're already doing it everyday, it just takes time. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have on my TU CR

CO from 2015 from Cap One. TL 'settled less than full blnc, closed' PIF CO due to drop in 6/21

CO from 2013 from Citi. TL 'settled less than full blnc, PIF CO due to drop 6/18

CO from 2015 from Kohls. TL'settled less than full blnc, PIF CO due to drop 5/20

And the Wells Fargo from original post.

No other derogatory accounts but they are either joint accounts or old or closed by me because I didn't know any better.

So do I start with GW letters to see if Cap One, Citi and Kohls will take these off? And where do I send GW letters?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's a special forum dedicated just for people who are rebuilding like you.  It is called the Rebuilding forum.  Would you like me to ask a moderator to move your thread there?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes please. Thank you.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One will under no circumstance remove a CO.  Many have fought that battle and lost.  They are notorious.

The one to drop off in 6/18, you can see about having an Early Exclusion done to have it removed.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.