Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help me

Im starting to get really confused pls bear with me and help me if you can, I have a few questions:

1- I just got back the results of disputes with the cra on some collections acct- result VERIFIED. The company's are out of business, how can this be?  Now what?  The account is paid off, company out of business, and I was disputing some lates. 

2- An old citifinancial account has been sold to a ca.  Date of last payment is 7/03, my sol is 4yrs so Im passed that right?  What if they try and sue me, can I claim SOL?

3- Several CAs have picked up the same account and they all came back verified.  I have already sent DV letters, Im waiting for a response, is there any more that I can do?

4- On the accounts that came back verified with the cras and the company is out of business, should I just keep disputing by mail and hope they get sick of me?  These aren't schduled to fall off for 3 more years.

5- I want to settle a 6K account but I would like a PFD. The oc wont deal with me so what are the chances of getting a ca to do a PFD?

I think that is it for now.  Im sorry to be such a pain but Im really in need of some help.

Message Edited by nfg on 10-15-2007 05:35 AM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help me

1- Send MOV letter
2-Yes SOL is expired.
3-Need to wait it out to see who owns the debt and if the have the paperwork to back it up.
4- Same as #1
5- Does the OC own the debt or the CA?

@Anonymous wrote:
Im starting to get really confused pls bear with me and help me if you can, I have a few questions:
1- I just got back the results of disputes with the cra on some collections acct- result VERIFIED. The company's are out of business, how can this be? Now what? The account is paid off, company out of business, and I was disputing some lates.
2- An old citifinancial account has been sold to a ca. Date of last payment is 7/03, my sol is 4yrs so Im passed that right? What if they try and sue me, can I claim SOL?
3- Several CAs have picked up the same account and they all came back verified. I have already sent DV letters, Im waiting for a response, is there any more that I can do?
4- On the accounts that came back verified with the cras and the company is out of business, should I just keep disputing by mail and hope they get sick of me? These aren't schduled to fall off for 3 more years.
5- I want to settle a 6K account but I would like a PFD. The oc wont deal with me so what are the chances of getting a ca to do a PFD?
I think that is it for now. Im sorry to be such a pain but Im really in need of some help.

Message Edited by nfg on 10-15-2007 05:35 AM

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would it matter who owns the loan? If the CA had the account wouldn't they own it. And also how do you find out who owns an account?
Just curious
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look at it this way

If OC owns the debt and the CA is just collecting on behalf of the OC- the CA usually does not have the power to delete either reportings- HOWEVER if the OC owns the debt and you pay them the CA is much easier to remove from the CRA's.

Sometimes it is worth the effort to have them just ZAP the CA (They have the power to do this)

If the CA owns the debt- they are getting 100% of the $ collected and maybe willing to PFD. They can delete their own TL but usually can not remove the original bad items.

@Anonymous wrote:
Why would it matter who owns the loan? If the CA had the account wouldn't they own it. And also how do you find out who owns an account?
Just curious

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tim,

The ca apparently owns the 6K debt.  It is from citifinancial.  I read another poster's experience where citifinancial couldn't find their account and refused to speak with them, they just referred them to the ca.  I can't afford 6k right now, at best 2k.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.