Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help me!

So I am paying down my UT and I gone from 97% to 66%. Next month it will hopefully be at29 %. Then next month below the 10%. I paid off one credit card and got a 41 point increase! So hopefully when I pay off the next one I will get another big jump. But My next big problem is those darn lates.

I have one in September from Cap one and that is the card I paid off right away. The rest look as follows:

Ford Credit : 11 (30days)lates been clean since May

Ford Credit: 6 (30 days)lates been clean since May

GEMB?Best buy: 1(120), 3(90),3(60), 4 (30) This one was on payment program but still reported me late that is why the 120days is reported. Clean since August.

HSBC/ BEst BUy: 5(30) 1 (60) clean since August

Discover: 1(60), 4 (30)lates clean since June

Ford Credit paid off lease: 4 lates dating back to november 2005

I have sent gw letters and emailed letters no dice! They say the same thing over and over again. I tried disputing they come back verified. Any one have any help getting some of these lates removed! Any special addresses for these people! I am really trying to clean this up. I know time will help. I will never be late again. I will keep sending out letters. Should I keep disputing with the cra's? Any help is greatly appreciated! Message Edited by happytobehere on 11-02-2007 09:03 AM

Message Edited by happytobehere on 11-02-2007 09:05 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help me!

what are your scores - and are you trying to get a mortgage/loan or just clean up your credit?  If its the latter, you will definately see increases as you pay down the balances.  I have gotten my scores from low 500's to approx 680 in just under a year.  Util - 7% & on-time payments every month without fail.  Still haven't broken the 700 mark though - hoping that will happen in Nov. when all late payments will be 1 year old.  I have tried repeat GW letters to no avail.  Try calling - its worth a shot!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

10/15/2007 513
10/22/2007 561- after paying off Cap 1 (Increase of 48)
10/28/2007 602- dispute GEMB (increase 41)I know after the dispute it will go back down

Tranunion 10/22/2007 592
Experian 10/22/2007 555

I will check my scores around the 25th again

Message Edited by happytobehere on 11-02-2007 09:21 AM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy, how old are the lates? I know that the older they are, the less of an impact they have on your score.

I too have lates on my Cr's. 34 of them total(blush) going back 7 years. My most recent baddie is 9 months old, and I've deliberately NOT GW'ed them letting them age a little more before I start GW'ing. All of my baddies are 30 lates.

In march of this year, my TU FICO score was 521. As of 10/03/07 my TU FICO score had risen to 649. Almost all of the rise is due to only bringing down the balances on all my cc's. I did this by drawing money out of savings, and PIF'ing 4 of my 6 cc's I had at the time.

Keep bringing down your cc balances. The best way to increase your scores at this time, in my opinion.

Hope this helps.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.