Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help

My collection account was sold to another collection agency. I received a letter today from other CA. What I have to do? I want to pay i but what I need to do...? I have 30 days to dispute this letter but I think the amount due is correct
Thank you
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help

I forgot to tell that the old CA had my account number because they were taking monthly payments from  my account
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I sholud send a letter? please I need a copy of this letter.
Thank you

Message Edited by jessy on 04-21-2008 07:20 PM
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this new company reporting on your CR?

You are obviously within SOL if you were recently making payments.

Is the CA you were paying listed on your CR?

How long ago since you paid?

Seems odd that they'd sell/transfer debt while you were making payments.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

sidewinder wrote:
No, I just received the letter today that LVNV FUNDING LLCC sold my account to Resurgent Capital Services Lp

I had montly payments with the old CA but they stop taking money from my account (jan 23) Excuseme I do not know what is SOL.

No yet, the letter i reveived today says that i have 30 days to dispute the amount due.
My CR for april 5 shows the old CA - LVNV FUNDING LLCC

january 23, 2008

What i have to do? what is a DV letter? a DV letter will work for me?  my credit report doesnt show the new CA
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

jessy wrote:

sidewinder wrote:
No, I just received the letter today that LVNV FUNDING LLCC sold my account to Resurgent Capital Services Lp

I had montly payments with the old CA but they stop taking money from my account (jan 23) Excuseme I do not know what is SOL.

No yet, the letter i reveived today says that i have 30 days to dispute the amount due.
My CR for april 5 shows the old CA - LVNV FUNDING LLCC

january 23, 2008

What i have to do? what is a DV letter? a DV letter will work for me?  my credit report doesnt show the new CA

Does the letter specifically say that they SOLD the account. If they sold it vs assigning it to them to collect, then if I knew the debt was mine and agreed on the amount and could pay in full, I'd offer to pay Resurgent if they agreed in writing to not report the account.

After all that was done, I'd DV LVNV and they should remove the account from the CR.

However, with payments being so recent chances are you are within SOL(Statute of limitations) which is the time frame they have to sue you and win.

Others may be different opinons on what to do. Wait a day and see what other response you get.

This is just what I personally would do(use the situation to work for me.....getting the account off of CR)

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for your help, the letter i received today is from the new CA, they want me to pay them, I think i should make an arrengment with them to pay that account in full. Thank you very muchSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 11
Scamp
Valued Contributor

jessy wrote:

DV = Debt Validation; it's a letter demanding that the CA prove that the debt is valid, that you owe what they claim you owe.  I think HappyDays has one that's been posted several times that you could adapt to your situation - you might run a search for "DV letter" and see what it turns up...

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guy, I sent the DV letter because I am within my 30 days to dispute...and today they call me and were very rude with me and they want me to pay in full!!! they said taht they didn't receive my letter. Can they call after I wrote in the letter that any kind of communication should be by mail?
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

other question......they can take money from my account? the other AC had my account number
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.