Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Gain for Deleted Collection??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Point Gain for Deleted Collection??

I'm holding my breath on this one, but i'm hoping to have the following collection deleted:

Creditor Name: I C SYSTEM
Account No.: 423124XXXX-
Original Creditor: MED1 02 DRS STAFFORD KLAVANS
Responsibility: Individual
Condition: Paid
Original Balance: $1729-
Balance: $0 
Date Opened: 02/21/2003-
Date Reported: 07/21/2007

I settled it for less than the full balance back in April 2007.

How many points do you think I'll gain if they take it off?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: Point Gain for Deleted Collection??

Can I ask for how much less than the full balance did you settle it for?
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Settled for $900 (original balance $1729)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Heidi,

To be honest, the number of points will vary.   What really stinks is FICO doesn't share how it calculates its score, so it's difficult to tell how much a score will improve.

On this board, I've seen people report between a 5 - 30 point jump for deleted collections. 

I'm somewhat surprised that you didn't take a hit because of the recent activity (settling your account in April).
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

JennLewis wrote:
Hi Heidi,

To be honest, the number of points will vary.   What really stinks is FICO doesn't share how it calculates its score, so it's difficult to tell how much a score will improve.

On this board, I've seen people report between a 5 - 30 point jump for deleted collections. 

I'm somewhat surprised that you didn't take a hit because of the recent activity (settling your account in April).

Thanks Jenn.  I really didn't start tracking my score until May, so I don't know how big of a hit I took.  I do know, however, that i've jumped more than 100 points since May, thanks to the help and advice i've received on these boards.

I'm finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel!!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.