Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pool loan?

tag
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

Re: Pool loan?

Not sure why everyone feels like they need to give their opinions on your potential pool ownership rather than just answer your question.
When we looked into pool financing the pool people all had lenders to refer you to. BUT the interest rates can be high. I would look into loans from credit unions. Do you have any money to put down or use as collateral? Or maybe look into high limit credit cards with 0% periods. Pay off as much as possible then get a personal consolidation loan or home equity down the road when you have equity. Personally I have never liked the idea of a home equity loan. I don't like my house having liens
Message 11 of 13
lot08
New Contributor

Just happened to see this post while searching for something. We financed our pool at our Cape Coral Florida home with Lyon at a low interest rate (it was less that 5%) that was in 2011, they were easy, nice and it was all finished in less than a week. Our pool builder recommended them. Your pool builder will have recommendations, get your build plan first and then explore financing options. We paid it off by the end of 2013. We also financed our pool for our main home in Kentucky in 2003 we did that loan through Fifth Third Bank and paid it off by late 2005.... but would not go through a large bank if we were doing it again. We paid both pools off way faster than the loan term. I like to take longer terms and then pay off early while making sure that if some thing horrid happened with our income I could still make the minimum payments. Our Fifth Third interest rate was higher than our Lyon but it's impossible to compare due to difference in years and I am not sure where our credit scores were for each at each time etc. By the way,, we are avid swimmers, both my spouse and I competed and met each other as lifeguards. Pools matter to us, we will have a ton of people in our within the next hour as we are having a large grill out party Smiley Happy... Have fun with your build!

Message 12 of 13
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@RM21 wrote:

@DrZoidberg wrote:

Taking a loan for a 40k pool is a bad financial move. Why not enjoy the house a few years and save up in the mean time?

+1

+111111111111111111

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.