Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portifolo Recovery

tag
critterj7
Valued Member

Portifolo Recovery

I have a settled debt with portfolio recovery back from November for a providian card for 3100. I paid the settlement however was unaware at the time of GW letters. I am writing one now with hopes they will remove since their website says they are such a revolutionary collection agency. This wa taken from their website: At PRA "benevolent" and "debt collector" is not an oxymoron. Quite the contrary; at PRA we believe the only way for our company to succeed is to provide a win-win interaction with our customers. At PRA "we're giving debt collection a good name." Anyone have any experience with these folks or advice
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portifolo Recovery

GW only costs 41 cents. Little to lose by trying, and a lot to gain.
Message 2 of 5
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

Portfolio will generally do a PFD when requested so I would write the letter stating you were under the impression that this was the case and then ask to have it removed in good faith for the misunderstanding. They seem pretty easy going when taking things off. Good luck tho :-)

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Boswd
Valued Contributor

I'm actually dealing with Portfolio right now as well, and also with an old Providian, small world huh?   I tried on a couple of occasions to get a PFD, but was unsuccesfull with them,   they told me that it would be a breach of contract with the CRA.   Also I wasn't in any bargaining postion either since I didn't have the full amount upfront to play hardball with.     Anyway besides that I thought they were very professional and understanding,    I didn't have the full amount of what they wanted for a down payment, 20% of the balance due, but they let me spread it out over a couple of pay periods.   
Definitly try theymight.
Message 4 of 5
politikat

Hey Kevin, I've written a PFD letter to PRA (payment in full for deleting the tradeline) but instead, I got an offer to settle for less than full, and marked as settlement. Was there someone in particular at Portfolio Recovery you got a PFD agreement from? I'd much rather have the black mark removed from my credit report, than pay less and have the **bleep** thing lingering for another 7 years. Thanks for your help!!! Politikat
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.