Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive Credit included in Chap 7 BK

tag
Mikey
Valued Member

Positive Credit included in Chap 7 BK

I recently discovered thsi website and really appreciate all the great advice presented in the forums.  I filed Chap 7 BK in Dec 2005 and was discharged in Apr 2006.  I have 3 positive and important trade lines (Ford Motor Credit auto loan, 1st and 2nd mortgages) that my BK lawyer included in my BK.  His intentions were good to protect me because I was going to have difficulty making the next mortgage payment.  The vehicle under the FMC loan belongs to my ex-wife (she used a POA and placed me as the primary on the account while we were still married) and I did not want to be obligated to pay on the loan.  A month after filing (Jan 2006) but not yet discharged, I was able to get the house sold and both 1st and 2nd mortgages paid off.  Additionally, the vehicle loan had 18 months of perfect payments to this point and was fully paid off in March 2006.  I sent a certified letter to the mortgage companies explaining the payoff (they acknowledge) and asked if they could remove the "included in bankruptcy" derrogative remark from the 3 CRA's and state "Paid in full" which is what now shows on all three trade lines mentioned above.  They said there was nothing they could do because I had already included them in my BK filing. 

Does anyone have experience with a creditor having the ability to report differently if they were included in a BK?  Or are their hands tied?  Is this worthwhile pursuing in your opinion?

Thank you in advance,  Mike
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Positive Credit included in BK (oversight)

Anyone know if positive credit included in a BK can be overturned by the creditor after discharge??
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.