Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive Message: federalreserveconsumerhelp.gov works

tag
chrissykat

Positive Message: federalreserveconsumerhelp.gov works

Hi,

I opened an account with a bank for a bonus.  I never got the bonus.  I kept sending them the signature cards but they never got them.  This is a bank out of state.  

Eventually they start to charge me dormant account fee.  I tried to log onto my account but it's been locked because they haven't received the signature cards.

The only way I can verify the account is mine is to send a notarized letter to them.  Otherwise I'd have to drive there to their physical presence to cancel the account. 

I contacted the Federal Reserve Consumer Help.  Today I got a check for my actual balance, with the account fees removed.  It's awesome.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Positive Message: federalreserveconsumerhelp.gov works

@chrissykat wrote:

Hi,

I opened an account with a bank for a bonus.  I never got the bonus.  I kept sending them the signature cards but they never got them.  This is a bank out of state.  

Eventually they start to charge me dormant account fee.  I tried to log onto my account but it's been locked because they haven't received the signature cards.

The only way I can verify the account is mine is to send a notarized letter to them.  Otherwise I'd have to drive there to their physical presence to cancel the account. 

I contacted the Federal Reserve Consumer Help.  Today I got a check for my actual balance, with the account fees removed.  It's awesome.  

Thanks for posting !  Looks to be a good resource.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.