Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible EQ split file

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Possible EQ split file

For a while i have been having issues with quizzle trying to verify my data from Equifax. I finally was able to have them reset my account and upon activation, i had to answer a series
Of identity questions. The reason i think my file is split is because one question had to deal with a phone number i have been associated with, out of all the numbers none were familiar except my grandfathers phone number came up. We both share the same name, and for some reason on my credit reports their address comes on my previous addresses. So i selected that number and was denied. Thinking back, a lot of the questions had to deal with mortgages obtained over 25 years ago and having lived at addresses for over 20 years. Nothing else suspects i have a split file except for this quizzle nonsense.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Possible EQ split file

Are these not just the usual verification questions ? 

Message 2 of 4
ddemari
Super Contributor

The questions were geared toward home ownership, bank of mortgage, time at current address phone number which are all normal but i guess because of that phone number i was thrown off. My verifications usuallu talk about student loans and people im affiliated with and their bdays.
Message 3 of 4
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

My verification with DCU which pulled EQ came also with a nonsense question. There  simply was no way for me to know.  It asked me for the year that my apartment building was built. And this even though I only rent. I doubt the owner of the building would have been able to answer such a stupid question. The options to chose from were given in ranges but me being clueless selected "none of the above" and failed.  No membership with DCU. Now I am waiting for them to ask me for my phone number 20 years ago. That will be fun too.  I am not good at playing lottery games and always select the wrong answer Smiley Mad

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.