cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible change to CCT $1 trial memberships?

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: Possible change to CCT $1 trial memberships?

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting.  Seems like this may have been a fluke for me then as several of you above are reporting no issues out of the ordinary.

hey, 100% normal out here in los angeles - just refreshed 2 accounts after the 7 day trial.

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Long time reader, first time poster here.

What does the key moments and alerts section usually say after your second 3 bureau report and before the end of the trial period?

Mine currently says "28 days until you can refresh your 3-Bureau Credit Report with Scores at no additional cost."

I want to make sure I am not going to be charged $29.95 on 3/12.

Timeline

3/1 Signed up for $1 CCT trial and received first 3B report

3/3 Cancelled trial though the automated phone system and received email confirmation

3/8 received 2nd 3B report and the 30 day countdown to next refresh started in the key moments and alerts section. 

This may all be completely normal, but the phrasing made me nervous that my CCT membership had been re-enrolled. I went through the automated phone system again on 3/8, but it said I had already cancelled which was correct.

Thanks

Update... I now get the "Congratulations! You are eligible for another 7-day $1 trial membership" message since my trial has expired. So apparently everything was normal with my account. No free update in 30 days without another trial or accidental re-enrollment.

The Payment Information tab under My Account is not very reassuring since it still says Next Bill Date 3/12/2017, but I have read reports from other people with the half price deal that their account still shows full price on that page.  

Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel like CCT is just trying to employ a little tactic to try and get people to sign up for real memberships that are used to just doing trials.  I was lead to believe that I was eligible for a 3B refresh and when I clicked it I was brought to a screen that looked as if I was signing up for a full membership.  I backed out of it of course.  I think they are changing the layout a bit so it's like "click here for a 3B refresh" but it doesn't say free, where in the past this meant free (for the same $1 trial) so perhaps they're just trying to bait people in and hope they'll click "order" thinking that it's free.  Who knows.  Definitely need to keep an eye on this though going forward.

Message 13 of 34
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I did a search and this is the most recent CCT thread I could find.

I did the $1 trial April 16, called & canceled 5 days later. I wasn't offered the 50% discount or I would have taken it - the accounts included in my 2010 BK7 are falling off my CR the next couple of months so I am monitoriing more closely than usual. I got TU to early exclude al of them. EX & EQ removed all but my mortgage, which EX says will be removed in Sept. (While I didn't reaffirm my mortgage I was never late before or during BK, or the nearly 7 years since. CRAs count it as a negative for the IIB notation, but it says:: 30/60/90 late - 0/0/0

I never did get any update from CCT since the original 4/16 pull. Every time I log in I'm greeted with the "You're eligible for the $1 trail again". I thought I would take it as I'd like an update on EQ as I have a new inquiry from PenFed for joining and I haven't seen an EQ FICO since they removed all BK accounts except for mortgage. But I get this offer:

01cctEX.jpg

I take as meaning if I do another $1 trial they're only going to show me EX, not another 3B? Do I need to wait a full month from 4/16 for them to give me a 3B?

I don't wan't to hassle with another call & cancel just for EX. I also did the $4.99 trial for 30 days from Experian's CreditScore.com, which I think is a better deal, I get daily EX FICO score updates in addition to the initial 3B report, and they even gave me the inquiry alert from EQ for the Penfed pull. I have CreditScore.com on my calendar to cxl 5/19.

Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do another $1 trial, you'll get your 3B reports and 3B FICO 08 scores again.  You don't need to wait a month.  I've done trials every other week for long periods of time.

Slightly off topic here, but has anyone had trouble accessing the automated system to cancel a trial lately?  It used to be Option 3 then Option 1 when calling in to access the automated system, but now no matter what I try it always takes me to a human being.  This adds a minute or two to the process and I simply don't like to deal with people, especially when I know they're going to try and sell me on going to a "real" membership. 

Message 15 of 34
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you do another $1 trial, you'll get your 3B reports and 3B FICO 08 scores again.  You don't need to wait a month.  I've done trials every other week for long periods of time.

Slightly off topic here, but has anyone had trouble accessing the automated system to cancel a trial lately?  It used to be Option 3 then Option 1 when calling in to access the automated system, but now no matter what I try it always takes me to a human being.  This adds a minute or two to the process and I simply don't like to deal with people, especially when I know they're going to try and sell me on going to a "real" membership. 

hey, been helping someone do a rebuild and have been cancelling at night via #1 without issue, ditto for me but I dont look at my cct much anymore

Message 16 of 34
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thnks for the reply. OK, I did the trial again & it gave me a new 3B.

When I canceled my first trail 4/21, I did option #1 and it took me to a live rep. Easy, no questions asked, no discount offered.

Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it sort of depends on the CS agent you get. Regardless it's not a difficult process to cancel, I just preferred the automated system and not having to deal with a human. The last time I cancelled they asked if I wanted the 50% discount, which I declined. Then she went on to ask if I had an opportunity to really monitor my reports yet with the trial, what I thought of the service, etc. It's the extra BS like this that I like to avoid.
Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was able to use the automated cancel feature a couple days ago. couple weeks ago, that option wasnt available when i tried

Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Odd. It seems very hit or miss. I also used to be able to cancel with the automated system in the middle of the night, where now I get the you've reached us outside of business hours, please call back later message.
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.