cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible fraud on a minor's credit reports?

tag
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Possible fraud on a minor's credit reports?

My friend's daughter (12 years old) received a letter from a CA stating that they were removing the accounts from her reports. We don't know if the accounts (medical) were from ER visits and if they meant her father's reports and just sent it to her by mistake or if they were actually on her reports. I know she shouldn't have anything on a report at this point but her mom is kind of sketchy. Is it possible for him to see if there is anything on her reports since she's under age? He's the custodial parent if that make a difference.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Possible fraud on a minor's credit reports?

@rmduhon wrote:
My friend's daughter (12 years old) received a letter from a CA stating that they were removing the accounts from her reports. We don't know if the accounts (medical) were from ER visits and if they meant her father's reports and just sent it to her by mistake or if they were actually on her reports. I know she shouldn't have anything on a report at this point but her mom is kind of sketchy. Is it possible for him to see if there is anything on her reports since she's under age? He's the custodial parent if that make a difference.

The father would need to contact the CRs and fill out a  request to see if anything is on the daughter's report.  They will tell him what documentation he needs to provide to verify his identity and relationship to the child.  CCT offers ChildSecure which is a fraud monitoring service as part of the monthly membership plan.  I have it on my 11 year old daughter. 

Message 2 of 4
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I'll have him check out ChildSecure. I know he has CCT.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are template letters you could send to the CRA's as wel. I sent some earlier to year to just make sure everything was good with my daughters.

It's crazy how ppl will just ruin our credit. Smh
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.