Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible fraud.

tag
NORTHAFRICAN
Established Member

Possible fraud.

I had a weird thing happen yesterday. I applied for money gram wire transfer online and they asked me a registartion question that had to do with my exwife whom i have not seen or spoken to for 13 yrs. She has the same last name though. I am just wondering if she has been trying to get credit in my name. I have been turned down for credit recently even though  i have good credit. Any suggestions? Thanks .
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Possible fraud.

I had HSBC ask some awful questions about my ex husband, and his GF he was having an affair with during our marriage.

Someone told me it was a lexis nexis thing. (?) I still don't understand why I would have to know such information.

I would pull your reports to make sure nothing is on there that doesn't belong to you.
Message 2 of 9
NORTHAFRICAN
Established Member

Thanks for your reply. I am glad i joined these forums . I am here to understand my credit better. Have a wonderful day.  ESSAID.
Message 3 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, definately pull all three reports. You could do it here if you are looking for reports and scores or at annualcreditreport.com for free once a year for report only. If there are any accounts that look fishy, you might have to request a fraud alert.
Message 4 of 9
NORTHAFRICAN
Established Member

Hello Step,
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like they were verifying information from your CR to ensure you were you. Pull all 3 credit reports right away. Remove your EXs name from your Reports. Look it over well. If you don't see anything from your EX on your credit reports, contact money gram to find out where they got that information from. It probably was on your CR.
Message 6 of 9
NORTHAFRICAN
Established Member

Thnaks you so  much for your input.
Message 7 of 9
NORTHAFRICAN
Established Member

Thank a lot. I did pull all my reports and my ex is not on it. I am wondering if i should seek legal counsel just in case.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think legal counsel would be premature at this point, plus there is so much information within these boards that you can most likely accomplish results on you own. I think at his point you should follow up with Money Gram, and find out where they rec'd there info from, then take it from there...
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.