Community Leader
Valued Contributor
HoldingOntoHope

Re: Possible incorrect information that isn't showing on my report copy?

It's very possible that the old addresses and incorrect addresses are being generated from a Lexis/Nexis report. I pulled my file from them once and it had addresses and possible relationships from people and places I have never lived at. If I remember correctly their system did not have a method for consumer dispute, but it has never been an issue. The only time I have seen anyone really use their report information was for a background check. They have a lot of info that is not included in a credit report from the three bureaus.

Their credit account information was very incomplete and they did not offer a credit score of any type. I believe that they are just utilized for other information and not in a credit decision. If there was any question on a background check from their information I would just state that the information was inaccurate. I personally have never encountered a problem with employer or government clearance background information being inaccurate and questioned. The accurate information did require some explanation. Especially as it applied to my prior credit behavior.:smileyembarrassed:

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}