Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to GW accounts included in BK?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possible to GW accounts included in BK?

Hi,
I'm just wondering if anyone had tried this.  I have 3 accounts that where included in BK Chp7 that currently show as derrogatory items.  Has anyone tried and had any luck with sending GWs to these companies?  How long do they stay on the CR? 

Thanks in advance,
-d
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Possible to GW accounts included in BK?

Those accounts will remain for 7 years from the date they were reported as being included in the BK.   Hmm I think I saw on another thread that you had begun the GWs.  Keep them going every 60 days, the creditor does have the option to remove the TL/derogs just the same as in a non BK situation.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Possible to GW accounts included in BK?

I got two Providian accounts deleted from my credit report by using goodwill letters with the credit reporting agencies.  They were included in my bankruptcy, but still showed on my credit report as derogatory.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.