Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting to Credit Report a bill from aug. 14, 2003

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Posting to Credit Report a bill from aug. 14, 2003

Hello everyone, I am wondering about a bill I received from a collection agency RJM Acq. LLC ,(anyone heard of them, are they shady?). They said I owed a book club 71.10 that I truly dont remember. It has been posted to my Experian report already. Why is it so easy for companies to do this. I never signed for any books from a book club . Could someone else used my name etc..  Is there anything I can do about this?  Also it is five years old are they allowed to post something from five years ago? Shouldnt I have had to have signed for these books for them to say I received them?  It isnt fair how a company can do this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Posting to Credit Report a bill from aug. 14, 2003

RJM Acquisitions--I have dealt with them and although I thought I would never say this about a CA they were great.  I owed a bill from a book club from around 2004.  It went into collections with RJM and in March they did a PFD.  They were true to their word and stop all reporting to the credit bureaus and deleted the account.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
RJM Acquisitions--I have dealt with them and although I thought I would never say this about a CA they were great. I owed a bill from a book club from around 2004. It went into collections with RJM and in March they did a PFD. They were true to their word and stop all reporting to the credit bureaus and deleted the account.

I concur, there was an account with them from some book club for $31. The guy deleted it based on the fact that they couldn't verify any information.
Message 3 of 7
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

I would dv them by cmrrr.
Message 4 of 7
ramona32
Established Member

I recently received a notice from RJM as well for a book club order from 2004. It stated on the notice that I had three options for repayment. It stated that I had until 05/10 to respond. Well on monday I pull my credit report and find that they reported to experian on 05/01/08. On the collection notice there was no phone number,however when I pulled my CR I was able to get the number and called them. The representative was very helpful and stated that he would mark it for deletion. However it would take until the end of the month when they do there reporting.  
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Ramona32 thanks for your reply, I am just a bit confused. You said you where reported by the same Collection Comp. but was there report accurate?(I am arguing mine isnt) did you actually owe money to the book club? you stated you talked to a representative and they would remove the file, is that because you paid the debt they stated you owed? or did you dispute the debt to the rep. saying it wasn't yours and after stating that did the rep. then say he would remove it? when time permits, please let me know Thank You.
Message 6 of 7
ramona32
Established Member

I actually did not recall this book club,however because of my desire and obsession with repairing my credit,I decided to just pay it. They settled for 1/2 and agreed to delete. However when I called back today(I wanted to find out when it would be deleted)I felt that I should have waited because my name was mispelled and he asked me for my ss # then could not pull it up that way,then he told me that they do not get that info. Why may I ask would you ask to verify it then???? Needless to say,I am not certain if this was my account,it is pretty old,however I did not want to take a chance. Call me crazy I guess  

Message Edited by ramona32 on 05-07-2008 08:20 PM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.