Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime/Sub-Prime

tag
illcrew3
Regular Contributor

Prime/Sub-Prime

Can anyone tell me what the best prime card to get is and what I would need to qualify. I have an Orchard thak I know is sub-prime even tho they beg to differ and a First Premier who seems to be proud that they are sub-prime.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
sl
Established Contributor

Re: Prime/Sub-Prime

What are you FICO scores?
Message 2 of 15
illcrew3
Regular Contributor

My equifax is 635. I have not purchased the others yet.

Message Edited by illcrew3 on 08-17-2007 11:40 AM
Message 3 of 15
sl
Established Contributor

There is a website called www.whogavemecredit.com that list the scores people had when they applied for credit and if theyw ere accepted or declined.

Citi corp is an excellent card to have.  You want want to tryt hem.
Message 4 of 15
illcrew3
Regular Contributor

Thanks I'll give them a try when I need more credit. I trust they are "Prime"?
Message 5 of 15
sl
Established Contributor

Most are.  You may want to Apply for an AMEX Hiltons Honors or Delta Skymiles and then covert to a better one.  A lot people have luck getting those two cards with your FICO score.  Those are considred prime.
Message 6 of 15
illcrew3
Regular Contributor

Ok thanks for your help!!
Message 7 of 15
sl
Established Contributor

You're welcome and a belated welcome to the "Credit Repair" forum there is a lot of good info out there and the peolple on this board are very resouceful and knowledgable.
Message 8 of 15
illcrew3
Regular Contributor

Yeah I gotta say I was doing pretty well repairing my credit before I found this forum but now it's an addiction. Unfortunately I only have one baddie left to fight over.Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

illcrew3 wrote:
Yeah I gotta say I was doing pretty well repairing my credit before I found this forum but now it's an addiction. Unfortunately I only have one baddie left to fight over.Smiley Sad

I would avoid Amex, it's not worth it! Was is the baddie?
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.