Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Mortgage Reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Private Mortgage Reporting

I have a private mortgage through a family member and would like the payments to be reported to the credit bureaus and for my Fico Score.  Is there a way to do this (submit checks, etc..)?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Private Mortgage Reporting

No way possible that I know of. Good luck with that....and Welcome..
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is possible, but unlikely to happen. An individual can sign up with the CRAs and report, but they open themselves up to a fair bit of liability and compliance under the FCRA. However, I suspect they'd have to have a small business in order to sign up. Here's TU's info.

Message 3 of 5
demi
Established Contributor

I have heard ads for a system set up for that....its something like "circle lending" -- try doing a google search.  They advertise on the radio (San Fran station, don't know if its just local) to set up loans between friends and family members.  I am sure somewhere along the way they make something out of it.  They don't specifically say they report credit, but it would be worth checking into.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

demi wrote:
I have heard ads for a system set up for that....its something like "circle lending"
They don't specifically say they report credit, but it would be worth checking into.

circlelending.com has been bought up by billionaire Richard Branson and re-branded as Virgin Money.

It does appear they report to TU and EX and are working to report to "additional major credit reporting agencies".

It's got me interested enough to do a lot more reading about it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.