cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Student Loan Question...PLEASE help!!

tag
gramps1968
New Contributor

Private Student Loan Question...PLEASE help!!

Hello! I am enrolled in CDL school and I'm scheduled to start my training next month. I need to get a private student loan to cover the balance after my Stafford Loan. I need a $5000.00 loan. I was denied a Nellie Mae loan because of my BK(discharged 4/2005) and because my new credit accounts haven't been established very long. I don't have a co-signer.

I am a homeowner(since 7/2007 so no home equity yet) and make approx 35K/yr. Does anyone have any suggestions to where I can turn to for a loan? I'm not even concerned about a high interest rate since any job I get after graduation will reimburse me for my tuition. Thanks for any help.

Mike
04/08/2013 TU 659 EQ 661

Goal score: 700
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Private Student Loan Question...PLEASE help!!

gramps1968 wrote:
Hello! I am enrolled in CDL school and I'm scheduled to start my training next month. I need to get a private student loan to cover the balance after my Stafford Loan. I need a $5000.00 loan. I was denied a Nellie Mae loan because of my BK(discharged 4/2005) and because my new credit accounts haven't been established very long. I don't have a co-signer.

I am a homeowner(since 7/2007 so no home equity yet) and make approx 35K/yr. Does anyone have any suggestions to where I can turn to for a loan? I'm not even concerned about a high interest rate since any job I get after graduation will reimburse me for my tuition. Thanks for any help.

Mike

There is no financial aid counselor at your CDL school? Do they not have someone who can answer your questions?

How much do you need to cover the gap?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.