Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private student loan help....

tag
gramps1968
New Contributor

Private student loan help....

I want to go to a trade school. There is a 5000.00 balance that I need to get a private student loan for. I applied for 2 different ones at the school. Student Loan Xpress and Nellie Mae Excel. I'm just worried about getting approved for them....

My situation.....

Bk discharged Apr. 2005....my credit is all positive since then. No late payments at all. I have gotten a mortgage and new car since then. Also a couple smaller accounts(Home Depot, GE Moneybank-for my new washer) My scores were all mid 600's last I checked in July '07. I make approx. 37K a year. Do you think i'll have a problem getting approved for either of the above loans? Thanks!!!
04/08/2013 TU 659 EQ 661

Goal score: 700
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Private student loan help....

I currently attend DeVry University, which is pretty expensive. I also have a bankrupcy from 2004 with some other stuff. I applied with Chase Finace and Wachovia Student Finance i was approved for both loans. I chose Chase becasue their interest rate was a little cheaper than Wachovia. My scores was in the low 500's when i applied, but has then increased. You might want to give them a shot.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.