Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems With Lifting Credit Freeze

tag
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

Problems With Lifting Credit Freeze

Has anyone else ever had problems with temporarily lifting a credt freeze?  Because of the Anthem "hack" a while back I put a freeze on all three of my reports because I was under the impression that "lifting" a freeze was an easy thing to do.  I have letters from all three bureaus with my pin numbers, I called the telephone number(s) & entered them in & ALL THREE burueas are telling me they can't lift the freeze without me having to send in info in the mail.  I thought the whole point of this was to make it easy to lift as long as I had the info & they're making it absolutely impossible to get this done without print out a bunch of crap and sending it in the mail.

Are there any other numbers I can call to have this done other than the automated system?  None of these numbers give me the option of talking with anyone and if I try pressing "0" it hangs up on my.

I'm so frustrated I could scream.  

Psychoshowerscream.jpg

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Problems With Lifting Credit Freeze

Ah Janet Leigh in Psycho, a great Hitchcock movie.... I would try some numbers from the CRA phone number thread.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/CRA-Phone-amp-Fax-Numbers/m-p/407647

Message 2 of 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

This is why I don't want to freeze them. I need to just learn self control, LOL...
Message 3 of 4
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Why not just do it online?  I have all 3 CB frozen and just do a quick *thaw* online and is pretty much effective immediately.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.