Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progressive PFD Response

tag
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

Progressive PFD Response

I sent Progressive Insurance a PFD letter on 09/27/07. Here is the response I got in the mail today. Re: Policy number The enclosed document is being returned because: The item has either an incorrect policy number or no policy number. Please resubmit with a valid Progressive policy number so we can respond accordingly. You may fax it to us at . . . If you have any questions, please call Customer Service at . . . Thank you, Drive Insurance Customer Service Processing Department My questions: First, do I send a copy of their letter and my PFD (which identifies the account by the account number listed on the credit report) to the CRAs and dispute? Second, do I send a DV letter to Progressive Insurance? Finally, this account is also with a CA (NCO/Fin) - will I have to work with them? Thanks for the help! Cathleen
10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Progressive PFD Response

Hi cathleen!

You can only DV a CA, not an OC.

Did you write this account number on your PFD offer and Progressive did not recognize it?  If so, sounds like they sold it to NCO so long ago that they lost the records.

Can you link to a post where you discussed the original situation?  Otherwise can you advise as to what the DOFD was (and if that is accurate) and are Progressive and NCO both showing an amount due on your CBRs?  Is it the same exact dollar amount?  What is your states collecting SOL?

Something about this makes me think you would be best just to dispute both, but I want to find out under what reasons.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 4
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

Experian

NCO FIN/99
Original Creditor:  Progressive Insurance Co
Date Opened:  June 2002
Date of Status:  June 2002
Reported Since:  June 2002
Last Reported:  September 2007
Balance:  $178
Estimated Date of Removal:  February 2009

TransUnion

NCO Financial
Date Placed for Collections:  June 2002
Estimated Date of Removal:  April 2009

I ordered a three-in-one report from Costco's Identity Guard and it only listed original creditors, not collection agencies.  That's why I sent the PFDs to the OC and not the CA, I wasn't aware of the CAs at the time.

SmartCookie - hope this helps!

Cathleen

10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

azsassycat wrote:
Experian

NCO FIN/99
Date Opened:  June 2002
Date of Status:  June 2002
Reported Since:  June 2002
Estimated Date of Removal:  February 2009

TransUnion

NCO Financial
Date Placed for Collections:  June 2002
Estimated Date of Removal:  April 2009

I ordered a three-in-one report from Costco's Identity Guard and it only listed original creditors, not collection agencies.  That's why I sent the PFDs to the OC and not the CA, I wasn't aware of the CAs at the time.

SmartCookie - hope this helps!

Cathleen

what you have posted are both NCO which is a CA.  The drop date that they show I THINK are bogus.

DV them  CMRRR  and be sure to ask for all signed doc. and complete account history!!

If they do not send it within 30 days...wait 2 weeks & dispute all CRAs that are reporting.

I am only guessing here but...the post for  EX  shows 99   I'll bet that was the DOFD   did you have ins with Progress. at that time???

Message Edited by HappyDays on 10-20-2007 09:53 AM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.