Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper Response To DV? Please Help

tag
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Re: Proper Response To DV? Please Help

Agreed Lady Scarlett, but can't she contact the CRA with this info about his corp etc being inactive and not licensed, with proof from the states website, to force their hands in this and make them ACTUALLY invesitage it?
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That you both can do!  Good call - they will yank his reporting privledges hopefully.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm coming in on this a little late, but have you tried notifying the CRA's that the CA is not licensed?  Check out what your state's requirements are for collection agencies doing business in your state.  I had a CA deleted from daughter's credit report simply by notifying the CRA that the CA was not licensed in Washington as required by RCW 19.16.110.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im in Illinois and the law here states that to collect in IL they must either be licensed here or in the state in which their agency reside which he is neither according to the Florida agencies I have contacted and the IL Professional Regulations Department. Also he never contacted me whatsoever prior to my DV letter but the letter he sent in response has the lovely " This is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information gathered will be used solely for that purpose."
According to the Professional Regulations Department person I spoke with last week,that statement alone would constitute him claiming to be a debt collector.
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I contacted Citifinancial this morning about this loan and the lady told me it was charged off in 4/1999. I asked her the date of last activity or date of first delinquency that led to the charge off and she replied we do not have that information you will have to contact the JDB.I also asked for some documentation of the charge off and she stated they can not provide that I will have to contact the JDB for that info. How can I make them provide me this info? Do they have to by law? This JDB is reporting the DoFD as 3/30/2005 to the CRA's which is a lie but without documentation how can I prove it.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Citifinacial recovery department to try to get documented verification of the charge off date and the lady was very rude actually rude is an understatement. I asked her for a supervisor since no one can seem to give me a straight answer in regards to this loan and she says" Please hold transferring you to a supervisor now" Next thing I know there's a man named Rick on the phone asking me to verify name and address and such. He then asks for Acct # and I give him the one from the loan documents and he says" No its 4512 XXXX" and I say no that what the collection agency acct # it is not citifinancials acct #. He then tells me my name sounds familiar and that he believes he has noted this account that consumer requests no contact and he has validated this debt. I was completely confused so I asked him for his name and asked him the spell it and then I asked who he was and he says he was from Beacon Financial Group.  I almost fell out of my chair. It seemed that the very rude lady from Citifinancial transferred me with out my knowledge to Beacon Financial Group.! I told him I was not aware I was being transferred to him or his agency. He started to tell me he validated this debt and has sent all info to me and afterwards returned the info to the OC. I told him you have not validated per my request I asked for specific items which were not sent and he is misreporting to the CRA's and he will receive my second DV in the mail shortly. I also stated I did not initiate this conversation and that it was brought about under false pretenses by Citifinancial and that my do not call is still in effect and all correspondences should be sent via USPS. I then hung up.

I am so angry with Citifinancial. I can not believe they did this. Is there anyone I can file a complaint with because this is beyond low.

Update: Called a lawyer named combs in Chicago and emailed copies of all correspondence and documentation to him. He will be reviewing it and calling me back sometime today or tomorrow. I will post his response when I hear something. (Thank you Lady_Scarlet for the link in a previous post. Made finding a sutible lawyer specialized in consumer debt rather easy Smiley Very Happy )

Message Edited by litchloath1 on 02-12-2008 11:04 AM
Message 16 of 17
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

That's crazy. If they charged-off in 1999 then that means the DOFD has to be before that. I would send a second DV letter requesting for him to send you proof of DOFD, then I'd go in sue mode, not for money but for him to delete this from your account.

Also don't forget to go after the CRA this man is not LICENSED to collect in your state or the one he's in. Unfortunately you're going to have to do some more work but I think it will come off. Remember also he's listing the last activity as 3/2005 that's more than likely the DOFD that he's giving to the CRA, which again is wrong.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.