cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prosper Loan/Discover Loan experience anyone???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prosper Loan/Discover Loan experience anyone???

I've been thinking about consolidating my CC balances to a Prosper or Discover Loan.  Has anybody done this before?  Did you have any issues?

I want to purchase a home in 2015 so was wondering if this might hurt my score at all.  I could have all my cc debt paid off around May 2015 if I continue like I am today.  Otherwise, I could have my cc debt probably paid off by Feb 2015 if I consolidated so only 3 months earlier.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
PedrokiPR
Valued Member

Re: Prosper Loan/Discover Loan experience anyone???

While Lending Club and Prosper denied me, AvantCredit approved me through WebBank. I know it does not answer your question but as far as customer service, they are really great and I recommend. As far as rates, you could check your rate for free no hurting your score, and even after approved, they do not use hard inquiry. I already have the loan and money already spent, no single hard inquiry.

Message 2 of 3
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: Prosper Loan/Discover Loan experience anyone???

When if 2015 are you looking to purchase a house?  You really want to be quiet 12 months (or at the very worst 6 months) credit wise before buying a house. 

Still if you can get a lower rate and save money it may be worth it.   None the less, I would probably do it.  The money saved could help build your down payment.  You just might want to delay house hunting until late 2015.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.