Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prosper and Lending Club Loans and Credit Bureau Reporting

tag
dlynk196
Valued Member

Prosper and Lending Club Loans and Credit Bureau Reporting

Hi Forum! I have a question I hope someone in the same boat or timing can assist with - I took out a Lending Club and Prosper Loan on Jan 12th, 2015. Can someone let me know when they think or know when these will begin reporting on my credit bureaus? I appreciate the feedback! Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: Prosper and Lending Club Loans and Credit Bureau Reporting

@dlynk196 wrote:
Hi Forum! I have a question I hope someone in the same boat or timing can assist with - I took out a Lending Club and Prosper Loan on Jan 12th, 2015. Can someone let me know when they think or know when these will begin reporting on my credit bureaus? I appreciate the feedback! Thanks!

In 2-3 cycles, most likely. 

Message 2 of 6
srcharp
Visitor

I've had a prosper loan for a year right now and have found they report VERY sporadically.

It seems they report once every 3-4 months and finally report all the history they missed and update the current balance owed...then they wait another 3-4 months and report again...etc

A prosper loan actually hurts a credit score rather than helps it

Message 3 of 6
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@srcharp wrote:

I've had a prosper loan for a year right now and have found they report VERY sporadically.

It seems they report once every 3-4 months and finally report all the history they missed and update the current balance owed...then they wait another 3-4 months and report again...etc

Not entirely true.  Empircal statements such as this are not universally applicable.  Though it may have impacted you, others can and have benefited.  As with any loan, there is the initial "ding" for the inquiry and new TL, but as time progresses, there are benefits to that TL.    It all depends on one's TOTAL credit picture.  If a Prosper loan is the only installment loan, then it can have an impact.  If it's a 5th or 6th loan, it can also have an impact.  It can be negative or positive, depending on how long term one looks at it.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thom02099 wrote:

@srcharp wrote:

Not entirely true.  Empircal statements such as this are not universally applicable.  Though it may have impacted you, others can and have benefited.  As with any loan, there is the initial "ding" for the inquiry and new TL, but as time progresses, there are benefits to that TL.    It all depends on one's TOTAL credit picture.  If a Prosper loan is the only installment loan, then it can have an impact.  If it's a 5th or 6th loan, it can also have an impact.  It can be negative or positive, depending on how long term one looks at it.

These loans report as consumer finance accounts, and do hurt Fico scores in pretty much nearly every case.

Message 5 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@srcharp wrote:

Well, on my 3 CRs obtained when I applied for a mortgage refi last October the TU report lists among "Key Factors that adversely affect your credit score" is: "006- Too many consumer finance company accounts".

I only have 1 "consumer finance co accounts" - a $5k Prosper loan taken out last June, current balance under $4k. It was my only installment loan at that time, I've since taken out a car loan, but I can't test your theory of "if Prosper loan is the only installment loan it can have an impact - the car loan is with a CU that only reports to EX & EQ, and TU is the only CR that mentioned "too many consumer finance co loans".

And yeah, Prosper is sporadic at reporting, last Dec is the last time they reported. I'll go out on a limb and guess that if I were ever late on a payment that would change PDQ. And I'm selling my home and will PIF Prosper, but I'll go out on a limb and guess TU won't bump my CS 50 points for getting rid of "too many consumer finance co, loans".

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.