Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProtectMyID by Experian-Fako

tag
woozy
Contributor

ProtectMyID by Experian-Fako

Just a caution: As we know, Experian does not release true scores. Experian "ProtectMyID" CSR's are swearing up and down that the score they give you is a real EX score.

Also, if you join for the free 30 days to see this score, be sure to cancel immediately so you have ample time to raise hell. They must send those CSR's to the hole for letting you cancel, it was like pulling teeth.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ProtectMyID by Experian-Fako

woozy wrote:

Just a caution: As we know, Experian does not release true scores. Experian "ProtectMyID" CSR's are swearing up and down that the score they give you is a real EX score.

Also, if you join for the free 30 days to see this score, be sure to cancel immediately so you have ample time to raise hell. They must send those CSR's to the hole for letting you cancel, it was like pulling teeth.

Right. It is a FAKO score. More specifically, as mentioned on their website, it is a PLUS score.
Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@woozy wrote:

I agree that what Experian sells is not a FICO score but the CSR's can truthfully say that what you are getting is a real Experian score. It is a real "PLUS" score. Now if they tell you it is a real "FICO" score that is a different matter. Many are still being confused by that.

From a BK years ago to:
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 3 of 5
woozy
Contributor

I got a trial membership a month ago, before I got the hardcore education you get on this board.

When pull up your *score*, it's surrounded by the EX logo, and in enormous letters, like 5" tall on my monitor. I woulda looked for the disclaimer, but I didn't have a magnifying glass. Smiley Wink

The site is pretty useless, so I cancelled by email. No luck. When I called to cancel by phone, I told the CSR I was only interested in real FICO scores, and that I would get my TU and EQ elsewhere. She argued with me, told me it was a real EX FICO score. Then she fetched a supervisor to tell me the same thing. 

I'm glad I found this board.

Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

And we're glad you found it, too!

I'm still laughing at your interpretation of Care Credit mailing, especially the bit about the first-born. Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.