Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Providian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Providian

I read here that Providian has been purchased by Wamu and that if I dispute an charge they won't be able to find it.  Well, I called the Providian number on my credit file, and I was referred to a collections agency.  The balance on the account is shown as $800, but the credit limit was never more that $200.  Can they do that?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Providian

How long ago was this?

In the computer age- transferring digital records is quite easy-
Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Providian continued to charge over limit and late fees on the account all the way up to the day they sold it to the collection agency that you are now dealing with. The collection agency will probably settle for 50% if not more but that's still going to be more than your $200 limit. Sucks but they can do it.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband had an account with Providian, his credit limit was originally $500 but when we let it go and quit paying his monthly payments, the fees added up to $1500. I was able to get this deleted a couple months ago because it couldn't be verified. I don't know if it is because Providian has been bought but I'd say it's worth a try.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.