Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Judgment Removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Public Judgment Removal

I have heard that because of the verification time required (30 days), most courts cannot verify a public judgment.  Is this true?  I would never suggest disputing a public record if accurate.  But if not, has anyone disputed a public judgment and had it verified? 

Experiences?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Public Judgment Removal

ALEXREDD wrote:
I have heard that because of the verification time required (30 days), most courts cannot verify a public judgment.  Is this true?  I would never suggest disputing a public record if accurate.  But if not, has anyone disputed a public judgment and had it verified? 

Experiences?

Anything that is disputed must be removed if not verified within 30 days (unless from a FACTA report which allows 45).
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I got the 30 day thing.  But I'm wondering if the Court's are actually able to verify (because of case-load, etc) and do so.  So any one with an experience with this, let me know. 
Message 3 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

ALEXREDD wrote:
Okay, I got the 30 day thing.  But I'm wondering if the Court's are actually able to verify (because of case-load, etc) and do so.  So any one with an experience with this, let me know. 

From what I have seen... judgements are not as easy to "dispute off".
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed a judgment because they did not have it marked as paid when it was.  Within the 30 day period they did update it to the correct status, so they must have had enough time to research it and provide the CRA's with the correct information.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think in this day and age with everything computerized, I am sure that they have plenty of time to verify it and correct the accuracy.  I would think it would be very difficult to have it removed unless it was not yours....
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.