Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Records

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Public Records

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question but I am not having much luck elsewhere.

An old landlord of mine (who has is famous for harassing tenants in New York City) filed 2 separate cases against me for non-payment of rent.  I actually did pay my rent (on time I might add) and the landlord finally withdrew the petition against me (short story version). 

Unfortuantely, these cases are coming up in my public records and affecting my ability to rent another apartment in my name.  Additionally, when it comes time for me purchase my first home I'm sure this will be a negative factor.

When speaking to the landlord's legal department, they instructed me to send the letter from them to the 3 credit bureaus to have the item removed.  However, the truth is it doesn't come up when I run my regular credit report but when I run a background check on myself it does come up in public records.

Does anyone have any advice on how to delete this from my credit/public record history?

Thanks so much!

Li
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Public Records

Where did you run your regular credit report? Did you pull your Credit report from all 3 Credit Companies?

PRChicaDificil wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question but I am not having much luck elsewhere.

An old landlord of mine (who has is famous for harassing tenants in New York City) filed 2 separate cases against me for non-payment of rent.  I actually did pay my rent (on time I might add) and the landlord finally withdrew the petition against me (short story version). 

Unfortuantely, these cases are coming up in my public records and affecting my ability to rent another apartment in my name.  Additionally, when it comes time for me purchase my first home I'm sure this will be a negative factor.

When speaking to the landlord's legal department, they instructed me to send the letter from them to the 3 credit bureaus to have the item removed.  However, the truth is it doesn't come up when I run my regular credit report but when I run a background check on myself it does come up in public records.

Does anyone have any advice on how to delete this from my credit/public record history?

Thanks so much!

Li

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I did run report with all three.  Equifax, Transunion and Experian.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look Here...

Also you might want to send a copy of that letter to the Court where it was filed showing them that it was paid.

Thanks
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So does it come up on you TU, Exp, and Eq credit reports or not? I'm kind of confused and trying to make sense of this.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It does not come up on those reports.  But when trying to rent an apartment it does appear in public records.  Additionally, I work for a company who does background checks and it comes up there as well.

I'm at my wits end because i can't seem to get rid of this and its really having an impact as I now have to rent under my dad's name and I really want to rectify that situation as I am in my mid 30s and have children of my own.  Thus my timely rent payment is not being recorded anywhere and can't be used as a reference for future home rentals and/or purchases.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure who manages that kind of information, since this is a credit forum. But I'd guess you would have to take that up with the court system. I don't know. Maybe someone else here will have more information.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.