Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public record question

tag
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

Public record question

Ok I am now starting to work on my DH's reports, His fico scores are: TU 650,  EQ 638, EX 675. He has two public records one is a federal tax lien from 2002. The other is a car loan from his first wife...they purchased her car while they were married and they were both on the loan.  They repoed this vehichle after they were divorced and in the divorce papers it stated she was reponsible for this debt. Then they came back on him for half of the amount and got a judgement against him for it. This one I am going to try a PFD. (He's absolutely doesn't want to pay for it but we are going to) The tax lien is paid but to me looks like is isn't on his report. This is what it looks like.
Federal tax lien Court of law  Not reported Case number XXXX Date filed Not reported Status Not on Record Date reported  6/2002 Amount  $5,522 Plaintiff Not reported Defendant  Not reported

I know this is paid for. They would have taken our tax return had it not been. They actually did take his tax return years ago for this.  Any thoughts on this one? Also is there anything I can do to try and have it removed...as in a letter to someone and who?

Message Edited by oogiemoo on 10-20-2007 05:09 PM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Public record question

That's odd. I have fed.tax liens on my cr as well. But, also recorded are the lien releases, also on the cr.

Did you receive a notice in the mail from the IRS that the lien was, in fact released? They always send that out when they release them. If you have that, then you can dispute with the CRA's to be sure. Or at least get that lien release added to your CR.

I'm sure others will chime in and give their opinions. Good luck to you. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Feds should be able to provide a lien release - it will have the date on it.  Only thing is that it stays on the report for 7 years from date of release.

As for the car - call me any name you want on this one - I would take her into court for the money (add some for damages, aggravation etc).  The decree is a valid document to hold her to.

As for the judgement - just paying it won't work - it has to be vacated by the attorney (who may be ammenable to it under the circumstances).  I would make this letter a cross between a PFD and a GW.  And hope the attorney is a man who got messed over in a divorce and can be a bit sympathetic.

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 10-20-2007 08:34 PM
Message 3 of 9
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

Ok I will have to see if he has any paperwork on release...I kinda came into this after alot of this had happened. So now I am swimming upstream. If I don't have these papers...or can't find them should I contact the irs? I know they don't mess around. So I am sure this is paid....

Scarlet I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to sue her for it but this was clear back in ...hmmm I would have to look it up for sure but I think at least 2003/2004? isn't there probably some kind of statue of length for something like that? We haven't started for it yet but the judgement is from well on the report it says date reported 10/2003.

Thanks for all the help!!! You all are amazingly wonderful!
Message 4 of 9
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

BTW the federal tax lein only reports on TU not the other two. Just throwing that out there also.

Message Edited by oogiemoo on 10-20-2007 06:30 PM
Message 5 of 9
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

Sylvia I know he received something that stated they held his tax refund for his federal taxes. I can't seem to locate it ....note to self...."self please organize and keep better records!!"
Message 6 of 9
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

Here's another question.....The CA is suppose to report 100% correct information. Should I dispute the Lien as not reported properly? That would at least get it updated. I can't do anything until Monday cause I have looked everywhere for the release and can't find it. I will call the Feds on Monday and have them send me a release letter. I believe this has been his problem trying to get loans. No one is going to give you a loan when they think the Feds could sell or take it. So for the past 3 years this has caused a real pain in the butt! We always chalked it up to the vehicle that was repoed but now I think this was the main culprit.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

dispute it with the CRA - I did this with Experian, they fixed it and added a duplicate (I am assuming by accident) - took them 2 hours to get it off after I called
Message 8 of 9
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

Ok I am going to do that. Thanks Scarlet you've been a blessing in my quest of cleaning out our credit closets!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.