Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulling your own Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulling your own Credit Report

I was told that you can pull your own credit report anytime and it won't lower your credit scores? Is this true? I would also like to be able to view my credit report and score as often as I need to, does anyone have a site in mind that they would recommend?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Pulling your own Credit Report

@Anonymous wrote:

I was told that you can pull your own credit report anytime and it won't lower your credit scores? Is this true? I would also like to be able to view my credit report and score as often as I need to, does anyone have a site in mind that they would recommend?

Thanks

You can pull your credit reports anytime you like without hurting your FICO scores.  The pull is considered a soft inquiry. You can visit www.annualcreditreport.com for your free yearly report from all TU, EQ and EX.

The only credit scores that's important is your FICO scores.  You say you would like to be able to pull your credit reports and scores as often as needed.  You can, but you won't be getting real FICO scores with your reports.  If you want your FICO scores(TU and EQ) you can get it from this site.  Do a google search to find a discount cod to purchase your FICO scores.  There are several sites listed credit.com where you can find sites that will provide you possible monthly credit reports.

Message 2 of 5
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

If you want to pull it daily you can, but you will receive FAKO scores and not FICO. I would recommend creditchecktotal.com, you can pull your report from all three CRA daily for one monthly fee. You can actually get them to give it to you for 9$ a month if you chose to cancel, or set it up over the phone and skip the trial period all together. Also if you have disposable income and want FICO's you can pull them here daily. Im sure that would get expensive though.
Eq WAS 500+ three years ago NOW IM 683 and Trans WAS ALSO 500+ NOW IM SITTING AT 710
700 You better be on the LOOK OUT(OOPS GUESS THEY WEREN'T LOOKING CAUSE I ALREADY MADE IT YAAAAYYYYYYYY)
Message 3 of 5
cookiemonster

Yes, this is true

pulling your own credit report dose not affect your score, but it is "NOT"  the the score that lenders use for approving a loan. Which too me sucks, because i'm trying to fix a credit score that I'm not seeing. I lenders should reveal all information to the consumers.

Message 4 of 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

It's not actually the lenders keeping us from seeing our EX FICO's...it's Experian.
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.