Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased Credit Report as Opposed to Free Annual Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Purchased Credit Report as Opposed to Free Annual Credit Report

I know that there could be a 15 day extra time allowance If I use my Free Annual Credit Report to dispute an item. I need to know what is considered a Purchased Report. Is a report purchased from a third party provider (Truecredit,Myfico, etc.) considered the same as a report purchased directly from one of the 3 CRA's for purposes of dispute time frame? Do the third party reports include report numbers usable for disputes?

Thanks,

JR
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Purchased Credit Report as Opposed to Free Annual Credit Report

First let me say this:  I used my free report the first time & it took 30 days for the dispute to clear.

I do not dispute online anymore. I either  fax or mail CMRRR. I have not pulled a new report in almost a year. On my disputes I do not put the confirmation # or file #.

I put my name addy and SS #......then all info. on creditor that I am disputing. They (CRAs) have no idea where I got the report.

If you dispute online they ask for the conf.or file #

Message Edited by HappyDays on 04-19-2008 08:09 AM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you dispute with TransUnion online, it will give you a new report to use for disputing. EQ and EX you need report number. Now, if you are serviced through CSC instead of EQ...I don't believe you need a report number. But you will need the exact information about the account you are disputing. Their options for why you are disputing is limited but they do have a box where you can type additional information. It has worked well for me. Everything I disputed was removed.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would dispute directly through the CRAs by fax.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.