Established Contributor
gettnthere

QUESTION ABOUT SP's

so i was wondering something. I see a lot of people on here talking about being able to see who is SP their credit reports on multiple different occasions. i consider myself at least half-way intelligent (most of the time)(; but for the life of me i cant seem to be able to do it. i know i can with EQ because im signed up for their credit monitor service and when i print a new report i can see the SP on that but i cant do it with TU. i got TU"s service as well but even if i print out a report it wont show me the SP? its not that big of a deal but id like to see whos watching me:smileyhappy:  is there something im missing here or what? thanks in advance to anyone that can shed some light:smileyvery-happy:

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
Established Contributor
BrokaToe

Re: QUESTION ABOUT SP's

Most CMS do not show SP information, only HPs, in the reports they provide.  I've only been able to see this information in reports I look at directly from the CB's.  Generally you have to purchase a new CR from them or goto annualcreditreport.com and receive your Free Yearly Report from each bureau.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
pizzadude

BrokaToe wrote:

Most CMS do not show SP information, only HPs, in the reports they provide.  I've only been able to see this information in reports I look at directly from the CB's.  Generally you have to purchase a new CR from them or goto annualcreditreport.com and receive your Free Yearly Report from each bureau.

+1, you'll have to pull directly from the CRAs in order to see soft pulls.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Regular Contributor
SpiceIslander

I guess when someone does not see a hard pull, they assume soft. Many creditors will also tell you whether it's hard or soft, though not always with 100% accuracy.

Meg.

FICO: 04/2014 - TU 765 | EQ ??? | EX 768

Barclays / Sallie Mae World MC 13000 | Lowes 10,000 | LOC 9300 | FNBO 8900 | Amex BCP 7200 | BOA Platinum+ 6000 | Amex SPG 5700 | Citi Simplicity 5200 | Chase CSP 5000 | Achieva CU 4000 | Discover 4000 | Sam's Club 3000 | Sears 900
Established Contributor
bettercreditguy1

In addition to cb's, you can see if your homeowners/car insurance provider is checking on you as well as firms wishing to solicite you with loan or credit offers. Maybe even some "home improvement stuff" as well. In addition, some cc companies routinely check your record to see how you are paying your current accounts to see if they need to reduce your credit limit or even suspend your charging privledges.

Starting scores 01/02/2012 EQ 707(Fico) TU 733(Fico) EXP 735 (FAKO)
Updated scores 06/01/2014 EQ 797(Fico) TU 768(Fico) EXP 769 (Fico), EQ 849 (Next Gen 5/27/14 Penfed)

Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Mega Contributor
RobertEG

[ Edited ]

Under FCRA 609(a)(5), you can request directly from the CRA "A record of all inquiries received by the agency during the 1-year period preceding the request that identified the consumer in connection with a credit or insurance transaction that was not initiated by the consumer."

If someone with permissible purpose is just "watching you," you can get that info.

That will give most, but not all, so-called "soft inquiries."

It wont provide those for which you initiated a request for credit and could have been reported as a so-called "hard inquiry," but the creditor was somehow able to report it otherwise.  Those types of inquiries totally befuddle me... how a hard-eligible inquiry can be coded as soft. 

But you would be aware of those yourself.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}